Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Taylor needs a gardener
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taylor needs a gardener Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
I can't believe Taylor Swift's family house is so beautiful but lacks landscaping to compliment it. What's with that black mulch or stones and so few plants???

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
'nother pic w minimal green stuff in those beds.

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blur411
posted Hide Post
Wow, so much potential and unlimited funds to do so!

*Amber*

Posts: 33 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: Jul 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She doesn't care. It's for sale!!

Carlene

Posts: 1395 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone has different tastes. They may not like lush landscape or they may like dark mulch or very clean lines.

I would do things differently but that is me.

Posts: 6741 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Probably never there so wants nothing to maintain.
None of us would leave that yard like that! LOL

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12481 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
If Taylor let me loose on that house, I'd get some ornamental bricks, the same color as the house[they do come in that color], take up all the green shrubs and make two raised beds on either side of that beautiful entryway.
OH MAN, I'D HAVE A BALL!!!!

Posts: 3155 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Y'all are so funny. Yes, it's for sale, but how could you go in and out of that house for over 10 years and not want to spruce it up a bit? Maybe it was worse than this and they tore it up and this is what they call "staging."

And I'm with you Barb. If they let me "loose," can I help you? Smile

Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
nance425, we're gonna need EVERYBODY on this board to help! Hope this house is centraly located to all of us!

Posts: 3155 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of still tryin
posted Hide Post
She owns multiple homes, which house is this?

Posts: 2643 | Registered: Jan 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
T'was her childhood home in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. Article said she lived there for 10 years. Take a look inside.

http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/ta...o-1376594271438.html

Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
I think the house is very pretty! I don't think she's home much. She's busy, she probably travels a lot and hangs out with her friends when she's not working. I honestly think she's smart to put evergreen shrubs in. She knows she doesn't have the time or interest in taking care of flowers at this stage of her life. I think it's a lovely big home. Wish I grew up in a house like that!! Landscaping is such an easy fix & people love doing it themselves anyway. She's too busy composing songs about her boyfriends to worry about flowers..... ;-)

Posts: 2257 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Well, she's only 23 years old, y'know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7710 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looked just at the main page of that yahoo link. It says she was 14 when she moved from that house. Lets see, if she is 23 now she has not lived there for 9 years. So, apparently the current homeowners like it?

Posts: 6741 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Her parents have split and evidently are divorcing. They had all moved to Nashville so Taylor could pursue her music...and I think I read where they had rented the house out at least for part of that time.
Taylor has at least one home of her own, but I'm thinking it is either two or 3. I know she just sold one at a profit and I think she bought another one shortly after...and neither of those are her home in Nashville.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4378 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be fun for all of us to practice our landscaping skills in that yard!

Posts: 10354 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if the landscaping that might have been there before was all removed and they cleaned it up and put in the evergreens. Maybe the original landscaping was overgrown and unsightly.

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought too SSTR. But whoever lives there, I think we should all go over there and knock on the door with shovels in hand. Smile

BTW, Taylor bought a house near the Kennedys last year cuz she was dating one of them. What the heck? With her record of "breaking up," why would you buy so close to a boyfriend?