Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Patty Louise' gardens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Patty Louise' gardens Sign In/Join 
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted
Patty Louis, your gardens are beautiful even in winter!! How much property are the gardens on?

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Ditto GF LOL

Good place to have a gathering of Garden Board
buddies one day! We can come & pull weeds LOL >>
but come to think of it >> I NEVER SEE EVEN ONE!!!:>)

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12448 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
That would be so much fun!

Posts: 1093 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I agree!!!

ve

Posts: 3172 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Well, ya'al can pull weeds if you want, but I want to sit on the deck with a tall glass of sweet tea....right after I've sat on VE's porch with another glass of sweet tea! I drink a LOT of sweet tea! Big Grin
Then it would be off to Muddy's to wander around her yard and pet Rascal as we walked! Big Grin

See, I have itinerary all worked out!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4305 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
OMGosh! Thank you all so much! And yes, please come & pull weeds! I will make the sweet tea!

SSTR we have 10 acres total. 2 1/2 are pasture. And I put a garden anywhere I can! DH hates to see me walking around with a tape measure!

Posts: 10349 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
How do you manage to keep everything watered? However you do it, they are just beautiful!

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
SSTR Irrigation - the best thing I ever did. And we have a deep well. AND..DH is a plumber! So we did it ourselves.

When I first started planting we were filling barrels from a nearby pond to keep stuff living. It's a blessing now to just cut the irrigation on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty louise,

Posts: 10349 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ga.karen:
Well, ya'al can pull weeds if you want, but I want to sit on the deck with a tall glass of sweet tea....right after I've sat on VE's porch with another glass of sweet tea! I drink a LOT of sweet tea! Big Grin
Then it would be off to Muddy's to wander around her yard and pet Rascal as we walked! Big Grin

See, I have itinerary all worked out!

Just offering to pull weeds to be sure I get an invite.

Posts: 1093 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
LOL - Karen, I ALWAYS have sweet tea! Come on up in your case!

and I wouldn't ask anyone to pull weeds UNLESS they really insisted! Big Grin

ve

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vera ellen,

Posts: 3172 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vera ellen:
LOL - Karen, I ALWAYS have sweet tea! Come on up in your case!

and I wouldn't ask anyone to pull weeds UNLESS they really insisted! Big Grin

ve

Well, it's a habit! Caught myself the other day starting to pull a weed in the landscaping in front of a business. I just can't stand to see a big weed poking up like that one was!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4305 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Well i am going to play with the goats.while y'all do the weeding.HAHA

Posts: 1408 | Location: Conway, S.C. HORRY | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it's a habit! Caught myself the other day starting to pull a weed in the landscaping in front of a business. I just can't stand to see a big weed poking up like that one was!

LOL! I do the same thing.

Jeanette my goats will love that. This one wants a kiss.....

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Yes they are gorgeous! One day DH will put in irrigation so I won't have to lug hoses around.

Pattie, I love how you have your property landscaped.

Hey I wanna play with the goats too. Big Grin

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much zone9!

Irrigation is the best thing for gardens, ever! It was pretty easy to install.