Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazing garden Sign In/Join 
Picture of bana
posted
This is in Tacoma Washington. here's a link to more photos plus comments:
http://sinatrafamily.com/forum...ma-washington-43160/

Posts: 3815 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Too much is not always better! For all the effort less would look nicer...IMHO I also think solid colors together look a bit more appealing & when I was younger & more active out there I tried for more theme colors & solid colors together but now I am happy things are still blooming! LOL Pots by the street would never work here!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12915 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow what a lot of work! Very pretty tho.TFS.

Carlene

Posts: 1633 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
Well if they like it, its their choice.. Kind of "much" for me too. Certainly gets your attention

Posts: 3427 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
My goodness what a lot of work and effort. Is this one homeowner who does all this? It's very pretty and I bet it brightens up the neighborhood! Being retired, my second thought was - gosh, someone has a lot of **** to spend on plants and a lot of energy to tend them. I should be so lucky.

Thanks Bana.........amazing indeed.

ve

good grief..what is offensive about the dollar sign? $ ??? . I should have just written that someone has a lot of dollars to spend on plants. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vera ellen,

Posts: 3580 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
yes it is over the top and i agree that less is more. it isn't my taste in gardening but thought the folks here might like to see it just because it exists. it must be his 24-7 job to tend to it all. and can you imagine the water bill? as well as having to buy all those plants in the first place?

Posts: 3815 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Muddy. A little bit over the top. Pretty, just too much...

Posts: 890 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
We don't all have the same tastes in gardens but we have to admire his passion for HIS garden. There are a lot of gardens I've seen that I thought beautiful, but I wouldn't plant mine that way.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6586 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Who does the deadheading? Hahaha

posted Hide Post
I can't believe all the pots on the tree lawn. I have seen gorgeous combinations of low shrubs and flowers on tree lawns in downtown Chicago. They change the flowers with the season, lots of tulips and daffodils in the spring and annuals in the summer--but everything is planted. I can't imagine how he waters everything. Muddy, you don't deadhead, you just buy a new pot! Smile

Posts: 3191 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
These pics is what my DH fears I will do! hahaa

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
I've said before & I'll say it again....plant YOUR garden to please YOU cause you have to look at it more than anyone else.

His is beautiful in it's own way and it is his taste, but then the way I have mine pleases me but many others don't like it so much.
Thank goodness we are all different or it would be a boring world.
Since he is in Washington, he might get enough rain to not have to water too often??? I'd go nuts trying to keep all those pots watered down here! By the time I had done them all, I'd have to start over again.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4845 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I like all the different colors. That is how my containers are most years. This year I had a lot of pink, purple and yellow. I thought I had a lot of watering to do this year and I only have about 20 containers. It is just a lot to keep up with.

Posts: 15320 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

Posts: 4906 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trygardening
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic what he does. I opened the link and read the comments. His dahlias are to be envied. The man is Asian and they do love their colors. I hope his pots on the sidewalk remain there. Isn't it great to have such a crowd pleasing hobby. His garden reminds me a bit of the colorful Christmas decorations that some homeowners in my area put up.

Posts: 846 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Jan 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
16paws ( or anyone else), what is a tree lawn? I've never heard that term before.

Posts: 7032 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the grass between the sidewalk and the street. In my area the homeowner or commercial property owner is responsible for the upkeep but the city/local government can regulate what goes on it. Some areas regulate what types of trees--my city plants trees there. The city does not want large trees planted there which will interfere with sewer pipes, etc. Some areas allow the property owner to place a small fence around it and plant flowers and low shrubs in it. It all depends on where you live and what the regulations are that pertain to the area.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I can imagine he works out in his yard 3-4 hours a day, everyday! I agree with
trygardening, kinda reminds me of those houses at Christmas that stall traffic because of the light show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zone9alady,

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7418 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is very pretty all the colors. It has been around a few yrs. ago. Same man in Wash. What a lot of work!I admire him! Wished I had his energy!!

Carlene

Posts: 1633 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post