Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

daylilies Sign In/Join 
posted
My daylilies are just starting to bloom. "Just Fabulous" was looking great until the torrential rains came today!

Posts: 3177 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bi-color that has lots of rain drops on it.

Posts: 3177 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A large light yellow with a faint red eye.

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Just Fabulous is just fabulous - love it. Pretty daylilies, mine are either gone or fading fast. I love photographs with raindrops on them, so you done good!

ve

ps - you have a pm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vera ellen,

Posts: 3527 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love daylilies. Ran out of room and had to stop buying them. Now I'm dividing and placing in different parts of yard and giving away. Ours don't peak here till 2nd week of July.

Posts: 856 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Soooo pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7803 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful. Some of mine are completely done, some are blooming and a couple are re-blooming.
Mine aren't doing as well this year as in the past...I'm blaming our weird weather patterns.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4768 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
I love that yellow w/red throat! Gorgeous!

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. Janet Kilburn Phillips

Posts: 4431 | Location: Central PA | Registered: Sep 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! My daylilies have been very sporadic this year too...they are still blooming, one plant at a time.

Life is a great big canvas...throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

Posts: 7386 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
So pretty. Only my Stellas are blooming. Waiting on the others.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Love your pictures Paws! Mine just opened this week too!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12824 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Such beauty growing in your world, Paws.

Do you mind if I add mine to your thread?
They're really flourishing this year, maybe because our weather is so unusually mild.

Posts: 4486 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely lovely, Nettie Jay. I love the color and the edging is perfect. Looks like you've got great branching and large buds, a real winner!

Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Lovely colors all!!

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
beautful nettijay.

My daylilis really haven't done squat this year due to all the rainfall and dampness.

ve

Posts: 3527 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as I see buds..the deer or groundhogs eat them...tried everything from mothballs to sprays..

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
all very pretty. especially love the Just Fabulous one.

the color of yours nettiejay looks so delicious. do you know its name? i'd like to look for it online. say.. did you ever find out the name of the one in your neighborhood yard? the kind of apricot colored one you posted that got me all fired up about daylilies?

Posts: 3783 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
The one above is Spacecoast "Starburst".
No, I never did ID that golden yellow one. Ironically, I passed up an opportunity to re-visit that garden where I saw it again this year. I know the garden lover there would have been happy to supply its name. Indeed, I've heard from another gardener familiar with him that he even might have been keen to share some offshoots with me.
Regretful me. Frown

Posts: 4486 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Indeed, I've heard from another gardener familiar with him that he even might have been keen to share some offshoots with me.
Regretful me. Frown

it's never too late, nj.. isn't autumn dividing time??

Posts: 3783 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nettie, hop on over there and see if you can get a scape or two. I know that you would just love to have it in your yard and share pics with us!

Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
I just checked my iris/daylily garden and I have more room than I thought. I have ordered 12 more iris' and want to put in more daylilies. oh goody, I get to go shopping for daylilies.
these two daylilies are 'reblooming' for the third time. I had the name of each one at one time, but because of the sun, the names were bleached from the tags.

Posts: 3196 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
This is the other one.

Posts: 3196 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
My friend who's acquainted with the lily owner says I should just knock on his door and ask. But I'm still a shy 7-year old when it comes to face-to-face meetings with strangers Wink and can't bring myself to do that.

I first saw his lily on a charity garden tour. His place was on the same club's tour this year, but I didn't visit his garden this time. I would definitely have asked about it if I had... And definitely will if he's on the tour next year. This man has literally thousands of varieties (he breeds them), so I'm nearly certain he won't rotate it out of the garden.