Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Just had to do this
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had to do this Sign In/Join 
Picture of Jeanette
posted
Now this is country but i just had to do it.They were my DH old boat tires.But had to put them on the peacock building

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeanette,

Posts: 1408 | Location: Conway, S.C. HORRY | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
My GS help us on the peacock building so i made this sign to make him proud

Posts: 1408 | Location: Conway, S.C. HORRY | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Peacock condo

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Jeanette, that isn't "country", that is recycling/repurposing! That's a good thing!
Looks good! And I love the sign! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4416 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
That is sooooo nice!!! And, I love the sign. Great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7716 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
fabulous, recycling, good for you.

Posts: 15213 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
I think it's cute. Please tell us more about the peacock building. Is it your garden shed? Or a house for your peacocks?

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Tell us more about your peacocks. Are you breeding? How much trouble are they to keep?

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12503 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Very clever and resourceful idea Smile I too want to hear more about what's behind the door!

Posts: 2141 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Nice building....I want to see the peacocks too!

I think the planted tires are neat!

One of my neighbors has peacocks, I can hear them off in the distance sometimes at night when it's really quiet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zone9alady,

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7298 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
The story of the peacocks.I got up one Sunday and walk out in the Florida room and look out and saw this

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
I could not believe it.So i call all over to see who they belong to and nobody knew so i fell in love with them, but i knew they could not take over my Hummer so we started building this

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jeanette,

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
So i decided i wanted some chickens Guineas AND THEM I WANTED A Gobbler so we ended up with this

Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
So this what we ended up with

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
That is just too cute!!! Now you have a mini farm...chickens & peacocks. Love the shed and the planted "tars".

ve

Posts: 3237 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
We have peacocks at neighboring farms. They are like watchdogs! When we ride our horses by the farms they will call out with their high pitched shrills and the horses just kind of "melt" underneath us ... LOL! They are beautiful birds. And your chicken coop is the fanciest I've ever seen! Like a condo! Thanks for sharing Smile

Posts: 2141 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Love it all! I'm going to show DH how you set it up. I've been saving ideas for our future goat stalls and chicken coops.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7298 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
For anyone thinking about building a chicken coop any time in the future, try visiting the net site backyardchickens.com! There is a wealth of info there.
Also, think about this....a piece of flooring vinyl on the coop floor for easy cleaning, a "poop" box under the roost with an outside "door/slot" for scooping out. And don't forget a latchable/lockable run door so night critters can't get in. A couple other things some folks have had to add was something to keep the wild critters from digging under to get into pens and covering the top of open pens to keep the hawks out.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4416 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Oh I remember when you first posted the picture of the peacocks that just showed up. Did not know that you kept them and built them a house. Boy did they come to the right place!!!

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
OMG, that is just too cute!!! Country living is getting more amazing by the moment! I just love it all! I am tickled pink when ya'll talk about 'your horses, goats, chickens, wild turkeys, snakes, hawks and now PEACOCKS!!! I saw Peacocks last year at this cute little petting zoo type of place we found. It was really cute and we had a ball!!! (we took lots of pics of chickens, roosters, sheep, goats, peacocks, llamas, etc.)
I can't believe that amazing house you built for your new pets. A State of the Art Peacock Condo, who would have thought!? I would be in awe with my jaw hung open, just amazingly special!!! (us city folk don't see that too often....)

SPRING HAS F I N A L L Y SPRUNG!!!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Love your little coop and those beautiful birds too.

Those tires are the cutest planters and add such charm to it. Your DGS must be delighted with the sign recognizing his hard work.

Enjoyed your photos and the story of how it all began.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9352 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Thanks for filling us in on the birdies!
Enjoy them! Post more pics of them!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12503 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeanette
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your sweet replys.Now i am ready for another project.