Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  New color for shed door.........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New color for shed door......... Sign In/Join 
Picture of patty louise
posted
I picked Spanish Moss & I love it!

We just put the door back so I am excited to see it tomorrow morning!

Posts: 10350 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice color! It commands
attention without screaming,,,

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7384 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, like that color. Looks gray in the pic but see shade of green. Subtle, yet pretty.

Posts: 656 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is a very nice color! It commands
attention without screaming,,,

Thank you! That's what I was after!

Thanks jmchab!Yep it really is green!

Posts: 10350 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
beautiful color combinations. don't you love it when something turns out just right?

Posts: 3535 | Location: SF Peninsula Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Lookin' good!

Maybe lime is better in smaller doses... Wink
LOL

Posts: 4342 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't you love it when something turns out just right?

Yes I do Bana! I fretted enough over the green colors. Paintlady helped me get to the correct color family that I wanted.

Thanks Nettiejay! I loved seeing it this morning. Looks refreshing! I was skeered of the lime! LOL!

Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Very pretty Patty Louise. You and PaintLady did a great job choosing JUST the right color! I was leaning toward a weathered gray or the color of the pots like Z9. This looks great! I never tire of seeing pictures of your beautiful gardens.

Posts: 2133 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, Georgia Peach! Yep, PaintLady was right on the mark with the color! I was going crazy looking at all of the greens!

Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Looks really good!

Posts: 1093 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
MUCH better choice than lime green!!!
Draws attention to itself, the hardware and the trellis without SCREAMING at you!

You need to give that paint lady a pat on the back, a word to the manager and give her a flower too! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4314 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I agree, and I was the first to say I liked the lime......yet it was too harsh after all...this is Just Perfect!!! Love it. Good Choice. I agree, give the paint lady a flower.

ve

Posts: 3174 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Thanks ya'll! I love it & it only cost $10. Love those inexpensive projects with major results!

It makes me smile every morning when I look out. The door color has calmed the white shed down a bit!

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vera ellen:
I agree, and I was the first to say I liked the lime......yet it was too harsh after all...this is Just Perfect!!! Love it. Good Choice. I agree, give the paint lady a flower.

ve

I am still loving lime! This year I have fallen in love with bright colors. Planted my deck pots with orange marigolds. I think bright colors make us happy!

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I like bright colors too Patty. We must have some crow blood....you know what they say around here.......crows like anything bright and shiny!!! Wink

ve

Posts: 3174 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
.crows like anything bright and shiny!!

LOL!