Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New fence Sign In/Join 
posted
I have a big garden and I also need a big fence but can't find one. Can someone tell me where could i find a fence like the one in this picture?
http://gulag.info

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
That looks like a prison enclosure fence...electrified. My guess is that you will have to hire a contractor to build you one. I don't think you can go to a box or home improvement store and find something like that.

Are you trying to keep deer and other varmits out?

ve

Posts: 3498 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, so you need a fence. First you don't need a prison fence--what are you growing that would require this kind of security? Smile Many areas do not allow electrified fences, so you have to check with your local authorities and see what kind of fences are allowed, check any height restrictions, set back restrictions (from adjoining properties), etc. You may need permits etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 16paws,

Posts: 3159 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Six foot wire mesh fencing is available if you're wanting to keep deer our of your garden. Otherwise, its expensive overkill. Nobody needs a fence like the one in your picture.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6488 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
I do hope that it's really a joke question. Roll Eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7800 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Portis is a spammer! Questions of all types with links to products or businesses have recently been posted.

I will just ignore all of the questions and posts along with and especially the links! Suggest others do the same.

Posts: 9597 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Thank you Conrad. I thought it was a weird post. Guess I'm gullible. Such a shame that people want to do this sort of thing.

ve

Posts: 3498 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Maybe Portis wants to keep him/herself in!
Wonder how strong the electric is on that fence? What ever you do....DON'T p e e on it! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4763 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Conrad...good to know. I hate spammers...they need new hobbies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7800 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
This is a new take on spamming as this poster has started 5 threads, each linking to a different site. It's definitely spam IMO.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12714 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wooden pool fences provide safety as well as ornamentation in the surrounding area of your garden and pool. This will look attractive if garden flowers or small bushes are placed around the fence.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post