Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  OT Became a grandma again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT Became a grandma again Sign In/Join 
Picture of KarenNY1 zone 7
posted
My daughter Suzanne had a beautiful baby boy on Friday, March 22nd at 7:13 AM. She named him Jack Evan and he weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz and is 20 " long. He is now a little brother to his sister Reese Emma who turned 2 on 3/17/13. Mother and son came home on Sunday. Both are well.

Grandma is thrilled. Saw him at the hospital Friday and again on Sat. and will go over this week again.

Posts: 163 | Location: Wharton,NJ Zone 7 | Registered: Apr 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Grandbabies are a delight!

Posts: 5061 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
how wonderful for you.. congratulations. welcome little Jack Evan and best wishes to your whole family.

Posts: 3555 | Location: SF Peninsula Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Toots
posted Hide Post
and the heart swells up a little more.... congrats, Grandma!!!

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26868 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! Great news!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7707 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Grandchildren surely are wonderful thing.

Wanda

Posts: 4800 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Yes, grandchildren are wonderful.

Posts: 163 | Location: Wharton,NJ Zone 7 | Registered: Apr 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and your little bundle of joy!!

Carlene

Posts: 1392 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Congrats to everyone! Don't spoil him toooo much! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4367 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Congrats Karen..........grandchildren are wonderful. I love the name Evan..my youngest grandson also has that name...his is Evan Scott. Evan is also my youngest son's middle name.......so we have a history with Evan! LOL.

Enjoy Emma and Evan...they grow up so fast. My g-son Evan will be 17 this year.

ve

Posts: 3217 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! What a happy occasion!

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, everyone. I only live 1/2 hr. away from them so I can see them as often as I like. Vera, I'm sure you remember when Reese was born. My son is Scott Michael so we do have a lot in common.

Yes, children do grow up fast. Have a happy Easter, everyone.

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
LOL Karen, yes I do remember when Reese was born and how excited you were. I thought you were calling her Emma though. We've been together for a long time haven't we. (I also remember the burning bushes - LOL).

Happy Easter to you too.

ve

Posts: 3217 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vera You have a good memory because her middle name is Emma. Yes, we know each other a long time. Unfortunately, I no longer have my large, beautiful garden but only a smaller version.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KarenNY1 zone 7,

Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
Welcome Baby Jack!!! Congrats!

Posts: 3243 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jvelo

Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10353 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Luv R Pups
posted Hide Post
Let me add my congratulations on your new Grandson. Glad to hear that Mom and baby are both fine. Also glad to hear that you are close enough to see him often.

Luv R Pups
~ It's our relationships, with God and with each other, that really count in life. ~
~~ Gardening, a healthy addiction! ~~

Posts: 4368 | Location: E Cent. GA, Zone 8 | Registered: Apr 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
Oh how absolutely wonderful! Enjoy Him!
MAZEL TOV!!!! (congratulations)

SPRING HAS F I N A L L Y SPRUNG!!!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wavy, Luv and Patty Louise. Wavy I know what Mazel Tov means. We are having a bris for him this Saturday.

Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new grandchild and Best Wishes to the Mom and Dad!

DH and I are excited about our first grandbaby Ava Sophia expected in July.

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Zone9lady. Congratulations on your grandaughter to be. You'll love being a grandmother.

Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
Karen, I figured you knew what that means, that's why I wrote it! I thought some people on this board may not know the meaning that's why I put it in parenthesis. Enjoy the bris, it's like a big party!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wavy,

SPRING HAS F I N A L L Y SPRUNG!!!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of loveangels
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new addition!!! Being a Grandma is the one of the best joys in life Smile

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, NY  | Registered: Mar 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wavy and Loveangels.

posted Hide Post
Grandchildren are such a blessing. Know you will enjoy the newest one. Congrats.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post