Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~~Garden~~ Sign In/Join 
Picture of muddyshoes
posted
Phlox finally took off for me this year! I cut some back this morning & hoping for reblooms before the summer ends! Think its to late for that?

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13098 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I just heard voices in the yard & neighbor friend is taking people thru the garden!!! LOL I get such a kick out of that.

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Just loved this hanging basket I paid $5 for! It requires no pinching & re bloomed all summer!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Still have some canna in my patio pots & thought I gave most of them away! Hummers sit on the stems!

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Still have several of these blooming! I bought several & they said they were pink! Guess I am meant to have orange! :>(

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Did you catch the super brightest moon of 2014 last night? I was hanging out the upstairs window to snap this one! :>)

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
My Voodoo lily Jvelo brought me is growing tall!
See the little holes on my one yellow hosta...I've been seeing GRASSHOPPERS!!!

posted Hide Post
Pretty! Love the double ROS. What is the plant in the hanging basket?

Carlene

Posts: 1738 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
The tag said Portulaca but the others I bought look quite different.

Did I show you this one? This phlox really turned out great this year!

Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, just beautiful!

Your photo makes up for the missed moon.

Posts: 4977 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, Muddy, I love your phlox. That althea is absolutely gorgeous.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All so pretty!!

Posts: 918 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
Pretty! Can see why strangers would want a peek at the beauty.
Portulaca grandiflora, it's called.
Must be different from portulaca 'regular'flora... Wink

Posts: 4622 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
say, muddy.. how about a shot or two of your whole garden beds? otherwise we'll have to meet up with that neighbor to get a tour. Wink

Posts: 3884 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
so pretty...loved all of it. Yep, I'd like a full garden shot if you can get one.

Moon shot is gorgeous

Posts: 3658 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, Muddy. Love that Phlox...I need to move mine, they're in too much shade now. Make a nice bouquet. Smile

I've never seen a portulaca like that one. The leaves don't look right. I like it, tho.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mgt,

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7849 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Muddy! I wish I could get phlox to grow for me here.
That doesn't look like any moss rose I've ever seen...the leaves look like something that grows wild here, but the name has disappeared in a brain fart. I'll think of it later. I'm forever pulling it up when I see it...it's edible if that helps anyone think of it...I'll bet zone9 would know, she has it too.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4993 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Found it...Purslane!

http://www.bing.com/images/sea...t=purslane&FORM=IGRE

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ga.karen,

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4993 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Thank You Karen. I just love this stuff! I couldn't have found a better hanging basket this year!

My yard is not huge or anything like that...just garden beds all around & if I could find a place to grow something ~~~ I do! I have started cutting back many things. I don't have many sunny areas anymore & so everything is squeezed in there. Some years some sections look better than others. I have done little this Spring so nothing to crow about. I just enjoy a new challenging plant or two to keep me going out there. I have posted so many pic over the years that I think everyone has seen most of my yard.
I wish more people posted pics ~~ esp on this Board. It just makes sense. You want to learn more about your plants so you can all help each other. You don't need tons of space to create a beautiful garden. (IMHO) Infact, if its small its more manageable. I think I share to much here sometimes.

posted Hide Post
Everything looks great Muddy! Very healthy and growing so well. I like your picture of the moon--it looks better than what I saw in my yard!

Posts: 3224 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post