Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  OT...My kid & family
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT...My kid & family Sign In/Join 
Picture of ga.karen
posted
Are back in the US! They landed yesterday just before noon in LA! They are looking at vehicles to buy today and will travel for a couple of weeks out west before they hit here on July 5-6!
It's soooooo good to know they are once again "within reach"! It's been a bit over 3 yrs. since I've seen them. Grands are now 17 & 15...gonna be fun!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5125 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
i'm so happy for you, karen!

Posts: 3905 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So nice to have and see family near. Have fun.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news! Enjoy your time together.

Posts: 2312 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Have a grand time! Happy for you!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13165 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds wonderful for you and for them!

Posts: 3275 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
OMG, has it been that long since you went to Hawaii to see them? Where in heck did the time go??? Glad they're back in the lower 48. Where are they going to settle this time?

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6828 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Yippee!!! Karen I am so happy for you. Three years is a long time not to see grandchildren! I know you are counting down the days until they arrive in Georgia!

ve

Posts: 3733 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Yep, counting the days & trying to get everything done before they arrive.

FFG, son took a job in Va. This will be the closest they have lived to me since my son joined the Navy in '87! The next closest was 6 years in the San Diego area.

We will actually get to spend some holidays together...only one Christmas have they spent with me.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5125 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news! I understand wanting to be closer to them. Have fun!

Carlene

Posts: 1814 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thebrownthumb
posted Hide Post
I am so excited for you Karen! Don't know if I could handle being so far from my kids for such an extended period of time!
Enjoy

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. Janet Kilburn Phillips

Posts: 4437 | Location: Central PA | Registered: Sep 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Got a phone call from the PO this morning. "We have some boxes here that are too big for us to deliver." Yes, I knew the kids where shipping some stuff to me!
So DH went to the PO....and one FULL pickup truck bed plus some small boxes in the back seat later (24 in all)....they are in the guest room waiting for the kids!
Some of those things weigh around 50#!

Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
good thing he didn't take a VW bug!

Posts: 3905 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4_seasons
posted Hide Post
What wonderful news! Three years is a long time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4_seasons,

Posts: 186 | Location: Illinois 5a | Registered: Mar 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news!

Posts: 5025 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post