Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  getting started
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

getting started Sign In/Join 
posted
I had the gardens dug today!! Boy is it a lot nicer than me digging. The ground and grass was hard!! He did it in no time with little cost!!
Now I will start working on it.
He did a great job and the soil is so fluffy!! Now to get the bermuda out of it Frown.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1590 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to have more than one!!! The fence in this area is on the diagonal. So should make a nice bed. Less mowing YEAH!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silly bird,

Carlene

Posts: 1590 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
This must make you VERY HAPPY!!! So how is the soil?!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12866 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joy37
posted Hide Post
Looks like he knew what he was doing...he must have done this type of work before. Have fun!

Posts: 4897 | Location: zone 7, West Texas | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
work ahead but what fun. the anticipation must be so exciting. thanks for taking us on your journey.

Posts: 3805 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Loonie
posted Hide Post
That sure is a nice looking fence...and cedar to boot.
But...not meaning to throw a wrench into your thinking about planting but the fence looks pretty tight...i.e. no light appears to be able to poke through and what plants you have in mind do need light and that fence seems to be able to provide lots of shade if in certain exposures.

Posts: 458 | Registered: Mar 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
I sure wish I had one of those gadgets! Good Luck with pulling that Bermuda grass Smile

Posts: 2213 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Peachy, we have one of those behind the tractor tillers...they are great for large areas...we use it on the veggie garden in the spring. The tines cut deeper than the average garden tiller. What this guy has is wonderful for new garden beds....perfect for Birdie's needs and way easier than doing all that digging..UGH!

Birdie, can't wait to see the finished product now! You go girl!

ve

Posts: 3549 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
We have BIG tractors. Way too big to fit inside the yard fence where I want a new flower bed. I've always wanted one that I could operate. That one is just the right size. It looks like a mower with an attachment on the front and the back.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a Kubota to me.
https://www.kubota.com/product/GroupTractors.aspx

The sign of a good gardener is not a green thumb, it is brown knees.

Posts: 8153 | Location: Twin Lake, MI USA | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I would plan on putting down layers of newspaper or cardboard in between the flowers to keep the weeds and grass down. Wish I had done that several years. I am cutting down on my gardening space now. I have been thinking about converting my vegetable garden into a bed of tall zinnias next year. A friend of mine has huge beds of them this year and they are gorgeous. Good luck with your planting.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll be putting cardboard and papers down as soon as I find access to some dirt!!
Also looking for some more landscape stones rocks ect. Just going to take it easy till I find what I (think Smile) I want. Always changing my mind!!

Carlene