Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  I finally got new patio furniture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I finally got new patio furniture Sign In/Join 
posted
FINALLY! My old set was 13 years old and REALLY falling apart. I'm so happy to have this and just in time for the party. We also ordered a sofa, 2 chairs and table for the upper deck.

Happily married and mom of 4
Central maryland - Zone 7

Posts: 7650 | Location: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jun 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a close up

Posts: 7650 | Location: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jun 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of My dog
posted Hide Post
Oh, I REALLY like that set! It looks great on your deck...which is gorgeous btw.

It's so much fun to get new furniture, no matter if it's indoors or outdoors!

You'll be all ready for the graduation party!

~Jean~ in garden zone 6b

Posts: 5663 | Location: WV... no jokes please, I've heard them all, trust me. | Registered: Oct 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Nice patio set......and you deck looks wonderful...so you should quit worrying!!!
Just enjoy the party.

ve

Posts: 3183 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Great set!
Save that cardboard box to put down in the garden this fall! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4332 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Very Nice and Comfy looking. It looks like you have the perfect spot to relax!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies (well, I hope you're all ladies!). We just came from sitting on the deck with some family that live on our street. We enjoyed a bottle of wine after a VERY stressful day. It was VERY much needed! I really really really love it and am so happy we purchased it from Sears.

My son pointed out earlier that we can seat 15 or more between the table and the benches. That's fantastic

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Forensicmom,

Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Picture Perfect over there! Can your remove the cushions if it rains/storms? I take mine in for bad weather. Your company should have a grand time & when are we all invited? :>)

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12455 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! Your home is so lovely. tfs

Carlene

Posts: 1379 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
Yes it is lovely and I agree with Vera, it's going to be great! I have a tendency to want to make everything just right, so I get it! I've got a wedding coming in one week so I've been busy busy trying to make things just right. I may put out some sod in a spot that was messed up by the patio guys. But in the end, everyone is going to have a great time and people aren't going to notice all the things that we were concerned with.

Posts: 1098 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
theoriginalfluffy - Make sure to post some pictures after the wedding. I'm glad I'm not alone with trying to make things look perfect. I know everything won't be perfect to me but most of he guests won't even notice. They'll just be here for the food!

Muddy - Yes, the cushions can come in. That was one of the reasons I picked that set. I liked that there are only cushions on the bottom. One thing I was told by an outdoor furniture rep was after it rains and the cushions are wet, stand them up so the water drains out. If they lay flat, they won't drain. It's definately true.

Picture of talkingrose
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I love patio furniture and all of the trimming that goes along with it.

Your deck and the accessories look amazing! Have a good time out there and please have an extra sip of wine. You have worked so hard and deserve a bit of downtime.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Aug 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Hi ForensicsMom. I love your new patio set and your outdoor area is gorgeous. I'm also shopping for new furniture for the patio area. Ours is looking pretty wornSmile Your chairs look very comfortable. I've always had the sling back chairs but opting for cushions this time.

Posts: 2133 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
Nice patio set and gorgeous landscape altogether!!! How many people are you having at the graduation and what kind of food are you serving? Did you do all the cooking? (Just curious!!!)

Posts: 2238 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice - I'd actually love to jump in your pool. I loved it when we had one, miss it now.

Posts: 721 | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
beautiful.. and that covers everything.. the furniture, deck, and gardens.

Posts: 3546 | Location: SF Peninsula Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Your patio set looks wonderful!! Show us the other stuff when it arrives, okay?

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6218 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a lovely patio set. Looks to be a nice relaxing spot.

Posts: 660 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
I like it.Lovely.Now you have enough room for all us board members for a visit.LOL.

Posts: 2991 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now you have enough room for all us board members for a visit.

Hey I was thinking the same thing! Hope there will be wine!

It's perfect! Such a hard thing to pick out & I think you did good!

Posts: 10350 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
It looks really nice and I love your yard. Smile

Wanda

Posts: 4798 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Can I ask the company? We could use a new umbrella. The expensive ones are worth it. They last sooo many years!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12455 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
That's a very nice dining set and umbrella, love the colors. Your whole patio is gorgeous!

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice! Not only beautiful, but looks so comfortable!

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Did ya'al realize that FM posted this last year?

Looks like that "person" above could be trying to advertise...

And remember, this is the table that warped over the winter!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4332 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very pretty set. We just gave away a very large table with 8 chairs, rocker and beverage table all pipe furniture over 20 yrs old. I have many good memories in the backyard of the house I raised my kids in. I did not need the big set anymore. My co-worker plans to spray paint it and of course pick out new cushions!!

God nevers give you more than you can accept, wish he did not have so much faith in me

Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post