Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Pink Jasmine.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pink Jasmine..... Sign In/Join 
Picture of ga.karen
posted
Anyone interested in one?

And I need to warn you in advance....the first year it sleeps, the second year it creeps, the third year it leaps and the fourth year it went WILD!
I have rooted runners going every which way!

If no one is interested, they will be pulled up and go into our burn pit!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5054 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barb in Mississippi
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda, sorta interested! You sent me some fern several years ago, with the same warning. I planted it and it vanished, never to be seen again!
Do you still my snail addy? I'll send you a pm, just in case.

Posts: 3235 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
is it fragrant? and a climber? if so, count me in for some if you have extra. thanks.

Posts: 3894 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barb in Mississippi:
I'm kinda, sorta interested! You sent me some fern several years ago, with the same warning. I planted it and it vanished, never to be seen again!
Do you still my snail addy? I'll send you a pm, just in case.

Yes, I have your addy & Bana's too! It will be Tue. before I head to town, so I'll mail them then.
Yes, it is fragrant! Wonderful smell.
Barb, that Asian climbing fern is on Ga.'s invasive list...but I might find another one in the spring for you. We still have it popping up all over.

Opps, forgot...yes, it climbs but needs help with the direction. If not careful, it will just run on the ground like this one did to me!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5054 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Anyone else? I'm going out to pull some of these now. I'll pot up 3 or 4 in case anyone else wants one.

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I would love one, but will decline. I have enough invasive stuff already. Maybe someone else will take your other sprouts. I hate tossing plants. thank you for the offer.

ve

Posts: 3688 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vera ellen:
I would love one, but will decline. I have enough invasive stuff already. Maybe someone else will take your other sprouts. I hate tossing plants. thank you for the offer.

ve

Sure you don't have a ravine that needs something to hold the soil in place??? Big Grin It would do a good job of trying to cover the whole thing! Roll Eyes

Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
HA! of course we have ravines...but I think we have enough native stuff without importing some. I bet I could plant it by the old shed....between it and the sweet autumn clematis, that shed may stand for another 20 years. Just Kidding, please don't send me the sprouts - LOL.

ve

Posts: 3688 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vera ellen:
HA! of course we have ravines...but I think we have enough native stuff without importing some. I bet I could plant it by the old shed....between it and the sweet autumn clematis, that shed may stand for another 20 years. Just Kidding, please don't send me the sprouts - LOL.

Shucks! Thought I had some more gone!

Barb & Bana...they are in the mail!! BIG envelopes! You each got 2!...one short one & one with a runner! Big Grin

ve

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Karen. I look forward to getting it!

Posts: 3235 | Location: Holly Springs, MS USA | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
got mine today.. thank you karen. {{{hugs}}}

Posts: 3894 | Location: Northern CA Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THAT'S NOT FAIR! Mississippi is closer to GA, than CA is and I haven't gotten mine, yet. Hopefully, I'll get it tomorrow. Big Grin

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
WOW! That was fast for clear across the country! And you are right Barb, yours should have gotten there first.
They told me guaranteed delivery by Fri., so you should have it tomorrow. If you don't, let me know!

Your welcome Bana! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I got mine today! Thanks, Karen!

Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barb in Mississippi:
I got mine today! Thanks, Karen!

Glad to hear it! Someone must be slow in your P.O. That was way too long for the delivery! Is it ok?

posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be the first time that someone is slow in our P.O.
I think it LOOKS great! I'm going to plant it in a pot, tomorrow and put it in the greenhouse until spring. Then I will put it in a bigger planter and put it by the fence. Plants don't seem to do that well in the ground by that fence. So, I'm gonna put it in a very large pot and put it there by the fence. The crossvine by the chicken yard is in a very large pot and it's doing GREAT!