Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  plant id, please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

plant id, please Sign In/Join 
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted
This vine came up at my porch. It has grown like crazy. I thought it was a morning glory, but the blooms are so tiny, about the size of my thumb nail, but are very pretty. It seams to have 2 different leaves on it. TFL

Pattyo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NC HillBilly,

Posts: 1432 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Here are the leaves.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Dobson, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
What about this>

LIL VIOLET TRUMPET VINE (Ipomoea cordatotriloba or possibly trichocarpa)

$2.49

Submit
A member of the morning glory family, this vine produces lavender colored blooms 1/2" Wide and 1" Deep with a dark violet inner throat. A vigorous climber this plant needs a trellis, arbor or fence. Attracts hummingbirds. Can easily be grown in containers or hanging baskets. Grows up to 8-10' feet tall. Best in Full Sun with average soil with good drainage. - Annual ZONES 3-9. (25 Seeds)

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13021 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Here ya go?

Picture of NC HillBilly
posted Hide Post
Thank you, muddy, that is what I have. I was going to remove it, but I am glad I waited until you identified it. If it attracts humming birds I am going to leave it. I hope it reseeds for next year.

Pattyo

Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
I like it...really pretty. Glad Muddy could help ID it for you. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7838 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job Muddy!!
That is one pretty vine. Be sure to save seeds!!

Carlene

Posts: 1678 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Ya!! Glad to help you!

Picture of SSTR (Stop & Smell the Roses)
posted Hide Post
Another example of why I love this board. Gardeners helping each other!

Posts: 679 | Location: TX Gulf coast, zone 9 | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Toots
posted Hide Post
way to GO, muddy!

"Gardening Keeps Me Growing!"

Posts: 26882 | Location: Near Charlotte, NC, zone 7 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post