Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Daylilies and random pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daylilies and random pics Sign In/Join 
posted
Just a few shots around the yard....was brutal weather (for NH)over the weekend----hi 90's, hi humidity. If someone could post how we do all pics on one thread----???please. I hate to do individual ones like this.

Posts: 672 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another-this shows up almost black-Mephistopheles, very misleading here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jmchab,

posted Hide Post
They are just starting...this is called Always Afternoon

posted Hide Post
Think this one's Strawberry Candy.....

posted Hide Post
Used to know all their names.....May post more later...

Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
Oh my these are gorgeous lilys.Please post more pics.I can only post like this and it's fine with me.

Posts: 2994 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
I have some of your choices too! Who can have enough of them? Why don't they make some that last longer! They need a beach umbrella in the high heat for sure!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12481 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rubyruby
posted Hide Post
LOVELY...my neighbor had her entire hill designated to her lilys. A good 30 different variety. Twas amazing...she's pulling the out and transplanting or giving them to people. Still cant understand her resoning.because tney are...still gorgeous! Have a clump or tow in my yard. night y'all

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rubyruby,

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt"

Posts: 1174 | Location: Houston, Tx Zone 9 | Registered: Jul 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jmchab, lovely, lovely daylilies. I have Strawberry Candy--mine are a deeper color, but I wonder how they would photograph. I love the deep red eye. You have the same problem with your pic of your Mephistopheles that I had with my Bela Lugosi--the deep colors do not photograph well. The flowers are gorgeous. Is that feverfew that I see in one of the pics? I have to tear mine out since they quickly invade every bed! I also get frustrated with posting one pic at a time. Thanks so much for posting your daylilies, it's a treat!

Posts: 3051 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
Jan, love your daylilies.........all of them!

As for posting the pictures....you can join photobucket - it's a storage place. I use it sometimes, but it's aggravating. They changed it (I think it's called improving) and it doesn't work as well for me now. I'm sure it's them and not me, right? Old dogs and new habits you know. anyway, you can post as many pictures as you wish - you copy the URL and paste it into the body of your post, and repeat the process until you're finished. When you hit post now, all of the pictures will show up in one post.

ve

Posts: 3225 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Strawberry Candy was a gorgeous salmon and coral with a bright red eye this morning but it photographed very pale. Red Skeletons is a better pic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 16paws,

Posts: 3051 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the other that is a deep bright red with yellow. sorry I should have rotated the pics.

Vera, thanks for the info on photobucket.

Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
I have never grown day lilies - thanks for sharing yours.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7396 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
love your lilies.. beautiful variegated colors. would love to see more pics of your garden.

Posts: 3556 | Location: SF Peninsula Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
What stunning flowers!
You seem to have a purple theme going with them. Coincidence?

(OT question about the photobucket method of posting pics... Is it only photobucket that works? I already have a flickr account. Would it work the same way?)

Posts: 4354 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
I wondered that too, nettiejay. I use Picasso. It would be so much easier if we could just "send" them here. Smile

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

I've decided that next year I'm planting tons of various bulbs. I saw someone's yard near my home that had like six or seven varieties all blooming at the same time and it was breathtaking!

Wanda

Posts: 4801 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I have totally fallen in love with daylilies!

Love Always Afternoon!

Posts: 10354 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanda, Daylilies aren't bulbs. Asiatic/oriental ones are. Just FYI.

Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Shows how much I know! Smile

Wanda

Posts: 4801 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What great eye candy!!
Also learned something too I thought daylilies were bulbs. I had them in my very first house and they had taken over the yard. Dug them all out they kept coming back and swore never to have any!! Seemed really invasive! they were a orangeish color.

Carlene

Posts: 1395 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silly bird:
Seemed really invasive! they were a orangeish color.

Yeah, I think those were probably what the old-timers refer to as "ditch lilies" or "tiger lilies". That's all people had when I was little (in the 50s). They're very aggressive plants. These hybrids are soooo much prettier.

Posts: 4354 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
Love all the colorful day lilies!

SB, nettie is likely right. I just found some last fall across the road and mine will be planted in our ditch...in hopes of pushing out some of those weeds there.
Most of the nursery day lilies are not in the least invasive. They will spread a little but not a whole lot. Some do have a larger fiberous root and others don't...just depends on the variety.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4380 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post