Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DH won!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of ga.karen
posted
Lowes had a free bbq lunch and a drawing yesterday for the regular customers (actually all customers who showed up) and my DH doesn't turn down any thing free! So he put a ticket in the drawing they were having.
He won a "fruit basket".....only it wasn't JUST a fruit basket...it was about 1/2 bushel basket FULL of fruits & veggies!!!
A head of red cabbage, 2 sweet potatoes, some small white potatoes, a mess of little new red potatoes, a garlic, a HUGE onion, 2 ears of sweet corn, 2 zucchini, 2 cukes, 5 apples (all different), 4 oranges, 2 lemons, a lime, one big turnip root,1 grn. tomato, 1 ripe tomato, a HUGE bunch of grapes, a grapefruit, a yellow bell pepper, a red bell pepper, a pineapple (very green), 4 HUGE strawberries, a pear and a bag of pecans!

We shared with one of his brothers who will also share what we took to them with their daughter who has 4 little girls!

The pear (it was headed to soft), the strawberries, a good handful of grapes and a banana I had made a fruit salad for desert last night! YUMMY!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ga.karen,

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4322 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bana
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to DH. now that's SOME fruit basket.

Posts: 3535 | Location: SF Peninsula Zone 10a | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
Happy for you guys!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 12450 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
WoW, that was some fruit basket. Congrats to your DH and how sweet you were to share.

ve

Posts: 3177 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
That's great!!! Congrats to your DH. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7701 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10350 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Isn't it great to win something? Enjoy. Glad you had enough to share.

Posts: 15205 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
Cool! It's always fun to win something. We usually never buy a powerball ticket but last week I bought one. I won $4.00! hehe

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
That's great! And that's some basket Smile

Wanda

Posts: 4798 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW Congrats to DH!!! What a haul!!!

Carlene

Posts: 1372 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
Yum! congrats!

Posts: 3243 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
So nice for DH to win and extra nice that you also shared the bounty. It sounds very colorful with all the variety of fruits and veggies.

Enjoy!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
We have been enjoying it and will for at least a few more days. Kind of nice to have fresh produce and I didn't have to do any shopping! Big Grin

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4322 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of talkingrose
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your DH and you too! Don't you just love winning? I've never won a thing and always hesitate to get my hopes up.

I think it's a leftover emotion from never having my name pulled from the Bozo's Circus Grand Prize Game rotor bin.

Enjoy those veggies and fruit!

Posts: 530 | Registered: Aug 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post