Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Want some rain?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want some rain? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted
I'd happily give some away right now. Although we were gone when it happened, over the weekend we got 4 1/2 inches of rain as registered in our rain gauge. Then, last night we got 3 more inches that I emptied a bit ago. Our poor ground is saturated!! Would love to send a few inches of it to the west where they need it so desperately.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6679 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send it to the west but not up here in the northeast. We'd be flooding with the melting snow.....or crazy with freezing temps and ice...neither a good combination.

Posts: 903 | Registered: Aug 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are going to have a lot of rain this coming weekend in So Cal!We've been needing it.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
FFG, I'll join you in shipping some off....just so we don't have to beg for it back this summer!
So far this past week about 4" here, but I haven't checked the rain gauge from today yet either! Roll Eyes

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4942 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vera ellen
posted Hide Post
I'd take some of it...we have had a dry colder winter this year..can you believe we are actually below normal for this time of the year...and last year we couldn't get it to stop raining.

I was so happy to see that California and points west were getting rain last night on the weather map.

This all makes you wonder what sort of global weather gardening year this is going to be.

ve

Posts: 3608 | Location: southern middle Tennessee | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll take some too. We're down 3" so far this yr.
Just cold 20 at 5am when I got up. 35 at 9:30 so maybe well get to 50 today. Hope soo.
Glad Ca. if finally getting some much needed moisture. Just hope no flooding there! Saw on the news they were sand bagging.

Carlene

Posts: 1681 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddyshoes
posted Hide Post
April showers coming early? Hate rain more than snow! Snowing here!

"Those that throw mud, lose ground!" :>)

Posts: 13030 | Registered: Apr 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post