Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   General Gardening
  Great Gasby Garden!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Gasby Garden! Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
Saw the Great Gasby today! I couldn't help looking at all the beautiful flowers and gardens in the movie. Wow! I want his gardener!

https://www.google.com/search?...sAQ&biw=1024&bih=581

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Nance,

Thanks for the link and review. I have this one on my list to see this week. The book was one of my college lit projects. I went from DREAD to very involved with the whole process for writing my paper. Found a very different point of view and supported it. Even though it wasn't conventional writing, I managed to pull off an A. So not important now. LOL.

Did any movie attendees wear the clothing designs from that era?

So a new love for the book all over again after seeing the gardens. That never factored in during the college days.

Thanks for posting and I look forward to the movie!

PS: Did you have company with you or go alone? Sometimes it's "easier" to go alone.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that one over the weekend. at the end all I could say was wow what a journey that was. I won't give away the ending but it was very surprising. I've not read the book so I don't know how well it followed the story, but leonardo sure captured gatsby well. it's a very well done movie, you will like it a lot if you've read the book. & your right the gardens are very well done at all 3 houses. the parties were fun too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aggiegrad,

cheryl hill

Posts: 373 | Location: lansing, MI u.s.a. | Registered: Aug 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Went with DH and daughter for Mom's day. I didn't read the book, but was in awe of the whole thing. I didn't expect the ending either, but the decision was made for him. You can only imagine otherwise. I thought it a bit slow in places, but he has such a pretty face. Who could complain? Smile
No one dressed in period. I guess we'll just have to throw one of his parties and dress up! Smile

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theoriginalfluffy
posted Hide Post
I just saw this yesterday. Never read the book or saw the older movie. That would be fun to dress up like that and have a party!

Posts: 1098 | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post