Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Environmental Living
  flooring or floor covering
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

flooring or floor covering Sign In/Join 
Picture of glp
posted
Anyone know any that is non toxic, no formaldehyde, no voc? I've been looking for a long time & the ones that might fit that description are not available in my area. Thanks.

Posts: 856 | Location: Ga | Registered: Sep 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Have you asked at full service, dedicated flooring stores in your area and towns/cities nearby? (not just flooring depts)

Seems they should be able to tell you something about what is available out there. They also will have the ability to order from any supplier, plus install.

Posts: 9613 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of glp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Conrad, I live in a small town with only home depots & lowe's they don't know & will have to investigate, so they told me. I can find online but I'd rather see & smell what I'm getting. I'm still researching. thanks again!

Posts: 856 | Location: Ga | Registered: Sep 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glp:
Thanks Conrad, I live in a small town with only home depots & lowe's they don't know & will have to investigate, so they told me. I can find online but I'd rather see & smell what I'm getting. I'm still researching. thanks again!

I'm also in a small town in Ga. with only Lowes & HD. We got our flooring in Tallahassee. Just spent one day down there going from place to place until we found what we wanted & could afford. But we didn't have the restrictions you mentioned for our flooring.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4836 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
You might just do some research by looking up possible stores (flooring stores that sell carpet/vinyl/tile) in neighboring cities (find by telephone book or on line), by calling them early in the morning. Just after they open, they may not be as busy and can better answer your questions.
If you can find what you want to look at, then travel there and see it. They should be able to either ship it to you or an installer will drive it there.

Home Depot and Lowes are usually at the bottom of my list for something like this. Both knowledge and choices, I have personally found lacking in these stores.

Posts: 9613 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Modern technology can produce floor coverings from almost every material on the planet, whether that be organic or synthetic. There is also the unique option for having a cotton canvas rug created for you to suit your decor perfectly in size and colors.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Feb 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can contact a contractor and discuss your needs to get the best flooring done. Technically, concrete floor covering is the strongest and resistant towards any kind of activity.

Posts: 29 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about non-toxic floors, but I do know that this company greensumblue.com offers locally made non-toxic floor cleaner. You should check them out.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of glp
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for your help.