Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Real Estate
  Steam shower with jetted tub or shower tub
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steam shower with jetted tub or shower tub Sign In/Join 
posted
Hi there, we are looking to remodel our 5 piece master bath. Currently we have a 6ft jetted tub with a separate 36 inch shower. We were thinking of putting in a pre-made steam shower/jetted tub combo but worry about resale value of home by doing this. We plan on living here another 5 years then selling once kids are all done with school. Another option would be to add a steam shower only with no jetted tub and leave the tub we currently have. Would this decrease the value of the house and or be less enticing to a new buyer if we do this? Link for what we are thinking of getting is here to see what we are talking about. Any advice would be great. Thank you
http://www.steamshowers4less.c...-702a-73-detail.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: steiny0831,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, but I was just reading that steam showers were all the rage.....7 years ago. Now people see them as a negative.

Posts: 6974 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
I clicked on the link then immediately grimaced because this product is SUCH a personalized choice that's likely to be seen as a negative by buyers when you go to sell. Because you plan to sell in about 5 years, I suggest you have a steam shower custom built with tile/glass and leave the tub you already have in place (or buy a new tub).

Posts: 8199 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there's nothing wrong with the tub you have and you really want a steam shower, the choice seems obvious.

Posts: 748 | Registered: Jan 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rker321
posted Hide Post
If your tub is in good condition why change it? I don't beleive that tubs become "dated"
And if you love a steam shower by all means have one, I would love a steam shower.

Posts: 4988 | Location: 0 | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm just a plain person. No jetted tub for me, thanks. I use my bathroom that only has a shower, no tub, almost exclusivly, it is much easier to clean ~ imho.

piney

Posts: 3177 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
save your money for a rainy day.

Posts: 9242 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would keep the current tub and do the steam shower.... unless you really want the jetted tub. Don't do it if you are just trying to increase resale, do it if you will enjoy it for the next 5or so years. Don't plan on dollar for dollar return

Posts: 518 | Location: mi, usa | Registered: Apr 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esteamshower20001:
cool Smile

I am sure your product is wonderful. However, you have broken the rules with your advertising. To immediately break the rules the first time you post on a forum tells us you are either unethical - choose not to follow the rules, very new and stupid and did not read the rules that are posted for use of the forum.

Lucky for you this is a largely unmoderated forum so you will not be getting email nasties from HGTV. If I as a member of the community see another ad for your company - I will email your company and let them know that you are promoting their product in such a way as to turn off potential customers. Since many of us on the Real Estate boards are professional Realtors, I don't think they would like that.

Fun and Info

Posts: 3456 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post