Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Real Estate
  LOVE IT OR LIST IT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOVE IT OR LIST IT Sign In/Join 
posted
It seems that the firt shows I saw were not this standard pattern of all the shows now, Hiliary gets a ridiculous budget for what they want done. David shows them a house and they hate it. Then Hiliary has to call them that a building defect has been found that will take a big chunk of the budget so she can't do all the work. Then David shows them another house one likes the other hates, then Hiliary finds another problem and the homeowners RIDICULOUSLY GET MADE AT HER FOR FIXING THEIR HOUSE THAT IS UNSAFE OR NOT UP TO CODE THAT THEY NEVER TOOK CARE OF AND REFUSE TO GIVE HER ANOTHER PENNY EVEN THOUGH SHE IS REQUIRED BY THE INSPECTORS TO FIX THE PROBLEMS. Then David shows them a house they all love. Then Hiliary shows them what she did do. I am surprised anyone ever loves it unless they just did the show to get some cheap renos done.
I don't think the show started out this way now it is so scripted it is ridiculous once in awhile can't you show them their favorite house first and maybe Hiliary could get a decent budget or be given extra money when a problem comes up. NOw I watch the first part to see what a ridiculous amount of money they are giving her and the very last 3 minutes to see whether they keep or sell.
It has become a joke, this show has made the interactions with Hiliary nasty to try and draw ratings. It is really such a sham.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
Yes, this show is very "formulaic". I do like, in the more recent shows, that Hilary is starting to push back against homeowners that want the world for $20k. Of course, the homeowners forget all about that when they get the news, during construction, that something they wanted isn't going to happen because it doesn't fit in the budget.

Posts: 8186 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
I am hooked on this show. Finally a show with true emotions. Great job on this production.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9179 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually like it and watch it as well but have to agree with OP about the "bi*ble" of production - so predictable and, really, a bit tacky. Are you listening, producers?

My biggest problem is not with the homeowners who want the moon with no dollars to pay for it; it's with Hillary saying, "okay, we'll try to do that..." ???? Either the homeowners need to be realistic about their budget OR Hillary needs to do so.

Anything less is making a show with a great premise a farce.

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
The huge problem is hidden defects.

Posts: 9179 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REL, I agree. Think Hillary needs to make people understand what will happen to the budget "if/when" defects surface ~ but I still like this show. Can't say the same for the one new episode I saw with " younger, newer mini-hosts" - awkward! Please, producers, never subject us to that again! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post