Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Real Estate
  Bathroom Remodel Resale Value
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bathroom Remodel Resale Value Sign In/Join 
posted
My husband and I are in the process of remodeling our master bath. The shower is small so we would like to make it larger. We have a separate jetted tub. Would the value of our home diminish if we take out the tub and make a larger shower? We have another bathroom with a tub.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I believe you should do what suits your lifestyle and taste, especially if you plan to live there for the next 5 years at least.
Seems jetted tubs are not so popular now either. And you have a tub in another bathroom? That should satisfy a good number of future owners.
If it were up to me, I say, do it.Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: conrad,

Posts: 9663 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Conrad.

Real estate is local. If you are really concerned you should contact a local realtor and ask them. But that is no guarantee what people may want a few years from now.

Posts: 7206 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
We had the same set-up in our bathroom. We had the tub and shower both removed and replaced them with a jetted regular sized tub/shower combo.

The extra space became a wonderful closet!! I love it. Even though we have another tub, I would not like to have a bathroom without one.

Posts: 3226 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Do you have a community/subdivision where the other homes have grand master bathrooms with jetted or soaking tubs? If so, I woud not remove it.

Posts: 9278 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post