Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Real Estate
  zillow.com question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

zillow.com question Sign In/Join 
posted
So I went looking on zillow tonight and I swear I remembered the arial view of houses with an estimated price on each whether or not the house was for sale. I cannot find that now. I tried to do the filter thing but all that did was remove the houses that were listed for sale or for rent, etc.

Does this still exist where all of the prices are shown on top of the houses? If so, can you tell me how to find it?

Thank you!

Posts: 6082 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the same thing. I'll have to go check in a little while and let you know what my experience is.

Posts: 7036 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
I recall an issue on zillow about erroneous "sold"
info. Don't remember the details.

Posts: 9253 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have seen that screen shot recently, although I don't believe it comes up as easily as it used to. Heard some months ago they were pulling back on some info -

Thought I also heard that their sales data is sometimes incomplete.

Will return and post if/when I see it again. Do have one idea about where it may be -

Posts: 168 | Registered: Sep 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry,CM. I forgot to go look.

After typing in the area you want and applying the filters look at the map on the left. Click on " maps" , then click " Aerial" . You may have to zoom in a bit to get the prices to show.

Posts: 7036 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Everyone. Met, the zoom in worked. :-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charcoalsmom,

Posts: 6082 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used zillow when I was looking for a house and my realtor finally told me to stop it because it is so far behind, the houses were already sold. it does give good info if you are looking for what houses are going for.

Posts: 1147 | Location: pa | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnnieJoey
posted Hide Post
My home value goes up and down every few weeks by $30,000. I honestly don't think their zestimates are very accurate.

Posts: 985 | Location: WNC | Registered: Jun 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Zillow is unreliable. Especially here in Texas, where SOLD prices are not public information.

Posts: 5292 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post