Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Real Estate
Hop To Forums   Real Estate
  flip it to win it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

flip it to win it Sign In/Join 
posted
i just watched a show i have never seen before and i was sure i have seen every show on hgtv. it's about people who buy foreclosed homes in northern california, flip them, and sell them for huge profits a month later.
i live in northern california in the bay area and i was disappointed to see this practice glorified, and the effect it has on those displaced families minimized. i remember one friend, widowed about 2 years earlier, who had tried and tried to get the bank to work with her so she could keep her home of 20 years. she went and stood on the steps at the auction begging people not to buy the home her husband died in. she and her autistic son were forced out when the home sold anyway.
where are the scenes where the sheriff comes and puts the family out on the street? these flippers are not in this to help families as they claim. they are in this to make a quick profit and they actually make home buying more difficult for new families trying to purchase a home. they drive up prices and suck up inventory out of greed. i would never watch this show again and i wish hgtv wouldn't carry this show on the network.
thank you

Posts: 1 | Location: northern california | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post