Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price drop Sign In/Join 
posted
Is it unusual for a realtor to change the signage on a home currently for sale so that it also reads: Price Reduction when in reality the last price reduction was 4 months ago?

Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
I would say that the realtor has poor time management skills or has an unethical streak in his/her character.

Posts: 8200 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Jewel.

Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
If the price was reduced in MLS, no reason not to put it on the sign-"price Reduction" - some do some don't. That rider could make the difference in 1 call. Some seller don't want their neighbors to know "they have to reduce"...to sell. Sometimes..price reduction signage brings lower than expected offers. Really up to the seller and her agent.

Nothing unethical about being late adding rider reduction to sign.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9253 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, REL. I'm thinking they did not know when to put up a price reduced sign since the house has been for sale for 5 years and the price has been reduced numerous times totaling thousands of dollars. Beautiful house. They just seen to have started way above what the market would handle.

Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Happens. Sometimes the most gorgeous houses on the street don't sell because of counter tops, or paint colors, for example. If I were them. I would take it off the market and re-group.

Homes in Florida are up 11% in value. Those who have held on in our state will see the reflection in their pocketbook.

I truly remember the day I got a call from some real estate news people a few years back when I told a St. Petersburg editor of the St. Pete Times that I was worried houses were so low priced you'll be able to buy and sell them at Wal-Mart. Oh, yeah that was published. I thought oh L**d I had to tell the ttruth of the way I felt. My Broker called and thanked me, because our phones were ringing off the hook.

Still tons of good buys in Florida - on bay water too. Wish I had the extra bucks..I would fly buying up..bay front stuff. I don't hear an echo anymore in the bottom of the well, marketwise, but you still have to drop the bucket a ways.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9253 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckheadgirl:
Thanks, REL. I'm thinking they did not know when to put up a price reduced sign since the house has been for sale for 5 years and the price has been reduced numerous times totaling thousands of dollars. Beautiful house. They just seen to have started way above what the market would handle.

That could probable be a valid reason. If the realtor has marked the house far above the market value then he/she must reduce the price now.

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post