Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  What's wrong with September Dinner thread??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's wrong with September Dinner thread?? Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
My screen shows that Indexlady was the last entry and dated 9/29/13. When I open it up, the last entry is 9/15 by Martha. Anyone else having this problem?

Posts: 6061 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Turn to page two..... Big Grin

Posts: 3272 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
OMG, I don't remember ever having to do that before and I've looked at many busy threads over the years.

Thank you, Becky!

Posts: 6061 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Wink

Posts: 3272 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Smile, too.

CA Lori: I forget there are more pages than the first one!

Becky56, love that kitty eating outta the bag. Reminds me of the story my sister told me about 3 wks ago. Her golden retriever found his bag of dog food in the basement. Pried open the bag and ate over 1/2 the bag. They couldn't figure out why he looked so bad when they came home. He went outside and threw up most of it.

They will now try to remember to keep the basement door closed and bag more secure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4604 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
Poor fella. We had a kitty that would do that to the new bag of cat food before we could open it into the plastic bin it was kept in.

Picture of peppermintpattitotherescue
posted Hide Post
Hello Becky 56,
Your kitty picture reminds me of our fat cat. She is beautiful, but she lies on her side near the food dish and just puts her head in to eat. We also had a golden retriever and one day he jumped the fence. When he came home he was carting a brand new bag of dog food. It took me quite a few years, but I finally brought up the purloined dog food with the neighbor. When I did she said, he didn't get it from us, we didn't give our dog that brand. So to this day I have no idea where he got it, but it was new and unopened.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: peppermintpattitotherescue,

Save Planet Earth, it is the only Planet with chocolate!!

Posts: 994 | Location: Camarillo, California | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
CA Lori, are you clicking on the last post or are you clicking on the original post? If you click on the last one, you'll be taken to the last post, regardless of what page its on. If you click on the original post, it'll take you to the first page and then you have to move to the next page if there is one.

That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this situation.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
FFG, I'm not sure I understand what you're telling me.

When I clicked on the thread while it was listed on the first screen of F&E, I then clicked on it and then scrolled down to the bottom of that screen where I always saw the same entry even though the listing on the forum screen showed someone else had responded.

I never thought to look further down and see that there was a page 2. I don't recall ever having to do that in the past and I've looked at some very busy threads.

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're clicking on the original post under the "Topic" column. If you look over to the right, it'll give you the name and date/time of the last post. If you click on the blue name under the "Last Post" column, it'll take you directly to the last post no matter what page its on. Sometimes you have to back up to the previous page if its a busy thread, but not too often. Hope this helps.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
You are right on, FFG. I never knew to click on the last poster's name. Thanks a bunch for your help!