Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pecan tassies Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sandy O !
posted
I want to kick these up a little...maybe use maple flavoring instead of vanilla, add some lemon zest to the dough...don't know just thinking?

Sandy

Posts: 1286 | Location: wyandotte, mi. usa | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Great ideas.
I had pecan pie at lunch out the other day with chocolate chips in the filling.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sandy O !
posted Hide Post
tried a Martha Stewart recipe today..had ground pecans and marscpone in the dough (not too sure I liked the crumblyness (is that a word?) of the shell, but the filling was just what I was looking for...she added maple suryp! less sugar and nuts than my recipe. Will probably use my old crust and her filling.

Sandy

Posts: 1286 | Location: wyandotte, mi. usa | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember Pecan Sandies? I don't know if they are in the cookie aisle currently.

Posts: 810 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Yes, Leafly, the sandies are still available, at least down here. Haven't had them in ages, though.

This time of year I sometimes make cooking using my pampered chef cookie press and one of their recipes. I just want to stuff my face constantly, they are so good. Course, anything with that much butter and sugar has got to taste good, right?

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6739 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Yes, Brookshires carries Keebler pecan sandies but also the store brand, Food Club I think. Personally, I prefer the store brand. The pecans taste fresher.

Posts: 17255 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Farm Girl:
Yes, Leafly, the sandies are still available, at least down here. Haven't had them in ages, though.

This time of year I sometimes make cooking using my pampered chef cookie press and one of their recipes. I just want to stuff my face constantly, they are so good. Course, anything with that much butter and sugar has got to taste good, right?

YUM!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KeepYouInStitches:
Yes, Brookshires carries Keebler pecan sandies but also the store brand, Food Club I think. Personally, I prefer the store brand. The pecans taste fresher.

I've never tried the store brand. I've got to put that on my bucket list.