Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pans Sign In/Join 
posted
So I ordered a set of pans last night, Rachael Ray's non-stick 10 piece set. I was going to buy one from Paula Dean because hers were $20 cheaper but I bought RR's because they were advertised as dishwasher safe. I currently have Wearever which I've had for over 15 years.

So has anyone used RR's pans before?

Posts: 6090 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to see about new pans in Jan., but didn't get around tuit yet. Let us know how you like them. When I watched her show, thought she had some nice things.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6376 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Hope they serve you well! However, even with dishwasher safe, the non-stick will last longer if you hand wash.

Posts: 17376 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got 2 Emeril pans. The directions said not to put them in the dishwasher because the detergents we use are so powerful they wreck the finish on the pans. The same with towels and sheets fabric softener clogs up the fibers the towels don't dry and the sheets don't breathe. I guess it makes some kind of sense.

Posts: 809 | Location: Lexington, MI | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sue MI:
I just got 2 Emeril pans. The directions said not to put them in the dishwasher because the detergents we use are so powerful they wreck the finish on the pans. The same with towels and sheets fabric softener clogs up the fibers the towels don't dry and the sheets don't breathe. I guess it makes some kind of sense.

Which is why I only use 1/3-1/2 of the recommended dish washer detergent and I dilute my fabric softener by 1/2 too.
They all still work fine! And my towels absorb. I have also found that the Charisma brand towels absorb better than anything I've ever had before...no matter the price...and I bought some expensive ones just a couple of years ago...just NO comparison! I get the Charisma at Costco...1/2 the price of the same brand at Amazon!

As for pans, I bought a new set before Chrismas, non-stick, dishwasher safe and that is where they go. If they wear out, I'll get more. And I love this set, it's Italian made. I got them at Sam's...it was a Christmas item.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 5120 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I want to give an update on my new pans (the Rachel Ray ones). They are very pretty. I was surprised to see them at Walmart last night when I went there.

Anyway, what I don't like about them are the sauce pans. One is a 2 qt and the other one is smaller than that. The 2 qt (and the smaller) are "too tall." I don't like them like that. I like them shorter and wider. The Wearever set I was hoping to replace has a 2.5 qt and it is my work horse when it comes to pans so the tall 2 qt from RR just wasn't cutting it for me.

So when I was at Walmart last night, I ended up buying just a single, generic 3 qt sauce pan with a glass lid. I paid $15 for it so I hope it lasts. I may even buy another since I do use that type of pan all the time. I was going to buy an inexpensive faberware set (red with the glass lids which is what my Wearever is) but I just don't need the extra fry pans or the dutch oven so thought it would be better to just buy the single pan I needed.

Posts: 6090 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post