Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dill Pickle Dip Sign In/Join 
Picture of Linderhof
posted
My DD is always aware of the latest trends in food and she told me that "this year's" appetizer was dill pickle dip. I took it to a do last night. It was very good although I'm not sure it is a "stand alone" dip (i.e. that is the only appetizer) but it was good as a part of an assortment of dips and nibbles. It certainly is easy and with a block of cream cheese in the fridge, you can make it quickly. It is best served with Ruffles type potato chips, however.

Dill Pickle Dip

8 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
2 dill pickles chopped finely
2 T. dill pickle juice
2 t. dill weed

Mix all together, cover and chill at least two hours before serving. Let come to room temperature before serving.

Martha

Posts: 6078 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Ooooh....I bet green olive dip would be better! I love olives! I always run olives through the KitchenAid food processor as I'm grating cheese for pimento cheese. That and some of the olive brine gives an extra flavor to pimento cheese.

Posts: 17192 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
This is nice and easy. Thanks for sharing.

I've spread cream cheese dip on whole pickles (Claussens) and wrapped a slice of ham around the pickles, chill, then slice the pickles.
Makes for a pretty appetizer. Can't go wrong with a pickle and cream cheese IMO Smile

Posts: 2263 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is also a dip I've had like the ham/pickle rollups.
Cream cheese
dried beef, chopped
chopped pickles
pickle juice to thin a little

Posts: 40 | Registered: Sep 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1DomesticGoddess
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linderhof:
My DD is always aware of the latest trends in food and she told me that "this year's" appetizer was dill pickle dip. I took it to a do last night. It was very good although I'm not sure it is a "stand alone" dip (i.e. that is the only appetizer) but it was good as a part of an assortment of dips and nibbles. It certainly is easy and with a block of cream cheese in the fridge, you can make it quickly. It is best served with Ruffles type potato chips, however.

Dill Pickle Dip

8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 dill pickles chopped finely
2 T. dill pickle juice
2 t. dill weed

Mix all together, cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Let come to room temperature before serving.

Martha

Martha, the dip sounds good! I have made a recipe similar to the one you posted, but I'm pretty sure I added some diced onion, and less dill weed, if my memory is correct. I haven't made the dip in over a year, so I'm not sure of the exact amount of onion and dill I added. But after seeing your thread about the dip, I'm going to have to make this again. Martha, thank you for sharing this recipe!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1DomesticGoddess,

Posts: 265 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1DomesticGoddess
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KeepYouInStitches:
Ooooh....I bet green olive dip would be better! I love olives! I always run olives through the KitchenAid food processor as I'm grating cheese for pimento cheese. That and some of the olive brine gives an extra flavor to pimento cheese.

Sherry, since you love olives as much as I do, I thought I'd share the following link to make cream cheese and olive party sandwiches. The mixture is great to use as a dip, and serve with crackers, if your not in the mood for tea sandwiches. The lady who posted this recipe, is an amazing cook by the way, and I enjoy her recipes. My daughter and I love this recipe, and we enjoy the mixture on crackers as well as in sandwiches.

CREAM CHEESE AND OLIVE PARTY SANDWICHES

http://www.food.com/recipe/cre...ty-sandwiches-260183

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1DomesticGoddess,

Posts: 265 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 803 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post