Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  OT having to do with chipped rim of glass lampshade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT having to do with chipped rim of glass lampshade Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
Is there any small decorative item (perhaps a ceramic flower, bird, or bug) on the market that I could maybe clip on to the chipped rim of my white glass lamp shade of my Quoizel Model #PR714F brass table lamp (20 inches high).

DH glued the chipped piece in place but he did a lousy job and the white paint he used only makes it stand out worse.

Now that I've dug out the old (10/79) advertisement showing the model, maybe I can do a google search to see if I can purchase a replacement shade. But I'm almost sure that somewhere, somplace (crafts boutique maybe) that I saw this little ornament for sale

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CA Lori,

Posts: 6073 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Hobby Lobby sells a number of decorative lamp accessories - burlap flowers, etc. Look online.

Best of luck finding a replacement. Try craigslist, ebay, goodwill online auctions, estate sales.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Posts: 3453 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Bummer. Can you not turn the chipped place to the wall?

Posts: 17315 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Lori -- that's what I would do -- turn it back to the wall -- and even though I would know it was there . . .

Martha

Posts: 6285 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
Actually, it shows less if you have it on the front side of the lamp because when you look down on the lamp it really shows if it's in back.

My own stupid fault for winding my wall clock above it. I wasn't careful and the key flipped right out of my hand and, as Murphy's Law would have it, it fell straight down on the lamp instead of off to the side on upholstered furniture! Frown

I spent an hour online and learned a few things. A similar "opal glass dome" might be available at Home Depot, either in store or online. The important measurement is the "fitter," which is the bottom opening that sits on the ring. Also learned that I need a "student" globe, not a Gone With the Wind globe. This one site was very informative and even gave their phone number to call if I have questions. However, his replacements were in the $50-$85+ range. The one at Home Depot was $27. It was a white hobnail, not as pretty as the original globe but I may look into getting one.

Probably no one but me has ever noticed the damaged glass dome! Thanks for your input.

Posts: 6073 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post