Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Royal Tailgate Party ideas Please!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Tailgate Party ideas Please!!! Sign In/Join 
posted
Hi everyone... am planning an event for a group (40-50) young men and women in our community who have been selected to participate in a kind of social affair (where they are selected as prince and princesses) ... long story. Anyways, we always host them when they are home for the holidays, so we can explain the dance rules/measure theme and allow them to socialize with each other. This year I'm in charge and we are having it at an old historic home under the oaks, from 3 - 5 p.m. I have come up with a theme "A Royal Tailgate" party, where we will be serving food from the back of a couple of pickups that will be lent to us from the local Ford dealership. Using black, white, and gold crowns with banners, tablecloths, etc... We were going to have it catered but we decided to cut down expenses and do it ourselves (me and my committee of 3). I need ideas on what to serve that doesn't require constant heating up... we do have access to a very small kitchen but am trying to make this simple and easy. Looking for food items to serve at an "upscale" tailgate. There will be no alcohol (lol). Original thought were sliders (where can I order ... don't want to make myself), chicken tenders, potato skins, veggie tray, cookies, coke and water bottles, with cute black and white straws, etc... Please send ideas, recipes or better yet... where I can order the food from .... Help! December 15th will be here before you know it!

Rina

Posts: 148 | Registered: Oct 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the food! Where to order from will depend on where you live. What are the ages of the young people?

You can have non-alcoholic drinks...
Sangria - use red grape juice instead of wine
Pina Coladas - without the rum
Margaritas - with the tequila

Several years back, I threw my son a Fiesta high school graduation party with Mexican food. His 14 year old cousin was in charge of the "margaritas."

Posts: 17257 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post