Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Molds for these popsicles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Molds for these popsicles? Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
Any idea where you can buy molds for this?

http://blog.hgtv.com/design/20...-patriotic-ice-pops/

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
These look the same: http://www.amazon.com/Progress...words=popsicle+molds

There is also one at Walmart but the pic is not good so not sure it's the same: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fox-...e-Pop-Maker/15753577

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12615 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are some with grooves at Target but they are not the same as the picture. I see the popsicles everywhere in pictures.

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Thanks joyluck and paws. They don't have to be exactly like the pic. My SIL said she found some at Dollar store in MI. But I haven't gotten there yet.

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Amazon has several different types.

My mother gave me her old Tupperware popsicle makers. Smile I thought my son had them (but later found them in the cabinet over my refrigerator), so I bought some at a dollar store to make the grands some pops while they were here. DM used KoolAid and we ate them like they were good. Big Grin Because they were!

For the grands I whirred some apple and blueberry in the blender with some Greek yogurt, drop of vanilla, and then thinned with a bit of milk. The kids and son-in-law (LOL) really enjoyed them!

Posts: 16599 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH! After filling and before freezing, do not snap the covers down over the mold. That makes them twice as hard to unmold! AMHIK!!
Just set the top/stick down on top of the mold. You'll eat them too quick for any off-flavors to develop.

Posts: 16599 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Most kitchen stores carry popsicle molds of some fashion, especially this time of the year. I have never come across them in my local dollar stores.

Posts: 18482 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
BTW, I have seen them made in paper or plastic cups too. I will post a link if I come across one.

Posts: 18482 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
sherry - good tips and your version sounds yummy.
I'm having quite a "hankering" for these since I saw the picture. Back to my childhood I go. Smile
(better than eating Klondike bars as far as calories go, too) Smile

Froo - thanks so much for that tutorial. I love the comment below it "dude, just make a COFFEE posicle." I don't like coffee, so I said "YUK!" Smile

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Just think of the possibilities from "adult" Popsicles to frozen lemonade, teas, yogurt, smoothes, grape juice, etc.

Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
I found popsicle molds in the seasonal section of my grocery store.

Posts: 7100 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
so cocok, are you gonna make those popsicles? Smile

I'll be checking the grocery stores and others for them. Good idea. I did find some at the Dollar store, but they are kinda small.

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Froo, like how you think.

posted Hide Post
Any fruit works.

Pour some water in a mold to measure. Then multiply by the number of molds you have. Put your fruit and yogurt in the blender, then fill to the correct measurement line with milk. Whir.

I saw a CUTE popsicle the other day. Put chunks of fruit in the mold...slice of kiwi, peach, banana, blueberries, etc. Then fill with white grape juice!

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Sherry, I think I'll try that with the yogurt fruit and milk.
Got any good smoothie ideas? Smile

posted Hide Post
Not me. LOL Just do the same thing with my popsicle suggestion...just don't pour it in the mold? Wink