Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  What's Your favorite Smoothie Recipe?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's Your favorite Smoothie Recipe? Sign In/Join 
posted
Mine is here
Mango Creamy Smoothie
A perfect option for a mango lover, mango creamy smoothie is not only light and filling, but also helps you get your fruit and calcium for the day. When making this smoothie, you can also add any of your favorite fruits such as bananas, strawberries or raspberries, if you wish.

Ingredients

• 11/2 cup fresh mangoes (peeled and chopped)
• ¼ cup yogurt (vanilla)
• ¾ cup cold milk
• ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cubes of ice

Procedure:

Blend the ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Drink immediately.

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I've never been a smoothie person. But that's because I don't have to get up and out -- perhaps if I did, a cup of smoothie would make a good breakfast while driving to work.

Martha

Posts: 6067 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Chocolate milkshake for me. Big Grin

But I make popsicles for the grands out of Greek yogurt, banana, blueberries, bit of milk to make enough.

Posts: 17182 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Strawberry when they are farm fresh locally picked berries, strawberry yoghurt and some frozen strawberry juice concentrate and ice.

My kids drink those kale and every kind of veggie imaginable, but gags me to even listen to what they puree together.

Posts: 2788 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
I put a spoon of frozen apple juice concentrate in the bottom of my blender. The I add a couple peeled oranges, a peeled banana, a slice of peeled fresh pineapple including the core, and a big handful of fresh spinach and some ice. That is the one I make the most.

Posts: 7202 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Becky56
posted Hide Post
We like fruit smoothies during the summer. I keep fresh fruit that I have cut up, in the freezer. Mainly pineapple, strawberries, banana slices and blueberries.

No set recipe. I use Splenda. That is the only thing I use it for...I know a lot of people don't approve of it. But I throw what ever fruit I want, a few ice cubes, some Splenda, and for liquid, rice milk. No dairy for me, I'm lactose I tolerant. It makes up frozen and thick, like a milkshake.

Posts: 3270 | Location: Bama G.R.I.T.S. | Registered: Jun 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cocok:
Big handful of fresh spinach
That's what Popeye wants.
View My blog
For more recipes and information about blender machines

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elizbathmartin,

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post