Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snickers Cake Sign In/Join 
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted
Snickers Cake
1 box devils food cake mix, plus ingredients to make the cake
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar Smucker's hot caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 snickers candy bars, chopped
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
caramel sauce
Chocolate sauce

Bake cake in a 9x13-inch pan according to direction on the package.

While cake is baking, mix condensed milk and caramel topping until well blended. When the cake is done and while it's still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely. Sprinkle chocolate chips over cake.

In a chilled bowl, whip together heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip on high speed of an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in chopped snickers. Spread over cake. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over cake. Drizzle caramel and chocolate sauce on top. Chill.
Snickers Cake 1 box devils food cake mix, plus ingredients to make the cake 1 can sweetened condensed milk 1 jar Smucker's hot caramel ice cream topping 1/2 cup chocolate chips 2 cups heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla 3 snickers candy bars, chopped 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped caramel sauce Chocolate sauce Bake cake in a 9x13-inch pan according to direction on the package. While cake is baking, mix condensed milk and caramel topping until well blended. When the cake is done and while it's still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely. Sprinkle chocolate chips over cake. In a chilled bowl, whip together heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip on high speed of an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in chopped snickers. Spread over cake. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over cake. Drizzle caramel and chocolate sauce on top. Chill.

Posts: 904 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 904 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Sounds really good -- and would be nice to take to a potluck! Which I'll remember for the next time I do!

Thanks --

Martha

Posts: 5397 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Remember, you can really use any candy bar.

I think Butterfinger!

Posts: 16461 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why oh why has my DH recently been diagnosed as diabetic when I see that recipe now? I'm cooking so healthy as he has to keep his carb count low. Talk about bad timing. Maybe I'll be invited to a potluck and I could bring this recipe. Am saving it.

Posts: 3052 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't remember how I came across the picture of the cake but once I saw it I had to find the recipe, not a real dessert eater, but this really tickled my fancy!!

Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
It's delicious with Heath Bars!

Posts: 5880 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, it looks so yummy!

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post