Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  good party or potluck dish - antipasto skewers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

good party or potluck dish - antipasto skewers Sign In/Join 
Picture of Annon
posted
I took this to a party and it was a hit. It was easy, fast,and I brought home an empty dish.

ripe olives, cherry tomatoes, black forest ham, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, and artichoke hearts. Next time I'll leave off the artichoke hearts--too messy. I served balsamic vinaigrette on the side.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of peppermintpattitotherescue
posted Hide Post
Hello Anon,
This looks delicious.

Save Planet Earth, it is the only Planet with chocolate!!

Posts: 989 | Location: Camarillo, California | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
This looks so good, I'm definitely going to try it too. Regarding the artichoke hearts, maybe if you cut off the little leaves that are still attached to the choke it would have been easier? Just curious, did you use marinated artichoke or plain canned? Either way, great idea!

Posts: 904 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
A beautiful and colorful dish. Bet they were tasty! Thanks for posting your idea!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9315 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16461 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBTrendsMag
posted Hide Post
Looks Delicious!

Nice twist on a classic dish!

Kitchen Bath Trends
www.kitchenbathtrends.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I think I used the marinated artichoke hearts. They were good, just a little slippery and they began to fall apart. I'm sure I'll make this again.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yummy I love everything you skewered ~ great choices! Cool

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post