Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Great Muffin Recipe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Muffin Recipe Sign In/Join 
Picture of Linderhof
posted
I found this great recipe for muffins and made them last week -- love the name of them and the fact that you can do a few at a time. As a two family, it's nice we don't have 12 muffins to eat at once (and we often have -- LOL!) And they're one of the best muffins I've eaten in a long time.

DONNA MORGAN’S ICE BOX ENGLISH TEA MUFFINS

2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
3/4 c. sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 large egg
1 cup milk
3/4 c. raisins

TOPPING:

1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1/4 c. chopped pecans
1 t. ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350. Grease muffin cups or use baking cups.

Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Using a wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture to egg mixture about one third at a time, alternating with milk and ending with flour. Stir just until blended. Fold in raisins.

Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl.

Muffins may be baked right away, or batter and topping may be covered tightly in separate containers and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Stir before baking.

Scoop batter into muffin cups, using just over 1/4 cup for each. Sprinkle with topping. Bake about 20 mnutes or until springy to the touch in the center. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans.

Posts: 5400 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Those sound great. I like recipes where you can cook only as many as you need.
Thanks.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6208 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These sound tasty. I might try making them in a mini-muffin tin.

Posts: 1723 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Been thinking of baking muffins. These sound yummy so they will be the ones I bake.

Martha, only two of us too, but I love having extras in the freezer!

Posts: 12140 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try this recipe someday! Here's my favourite muffins recipe (blueberry muffins) - 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons of milk, honey, 3 tablespoons of blueberries, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/4 tablespoon of salt, 1/4 cup coconut flour, vanilla, 1/4 tablespoon baking powder. I like to bake with coconut flour, here areanother blueberry muffins and coconut flour bread recipes that I often make, or coconut flour biscuits with pumpkin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Clariss,

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Great idea to be able to refrigerate the batter and topping, then bake as needed!

The molten lava cakes are like that. You spoon the batter into the ramekins, bake what you want now, cover and refrigerate the remaining to bake as *wanted* because if we truly fess up (as my stepson once told me) "Need has nothing to do with it." Wink

I have a few one-layer cake recipes. There have been occasions that I baked a 3-layer cake to take to some event. Except, I assembled 2 layers to take and kept one at home. It really seems as if we can eat a 3-layer cake in the same amount of time that we can eat a one layer cake...go figure!

Posts: 16466 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post