Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  A tip for starchy boil overs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tip for starchy boil overs Sign In/Join 
Picture of ga.karen
posted
I stole this from another board...

"When cooking pasta or potatoes, run a buttered or oiled finger around the top inside of the pot.(about an inch wide)
This keeps the pot from boiling over with a starchy mess.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4997 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Same thing works when you are making candy too. It keeps the sugar/syrup stuff from boiling up and over.

Posts: 17257 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Thx for sharing with us!!

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1941 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
That's one of those helpful ideas that are really helpful!! Thanks!!

Posts: 999 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this really work? Something this simple to save on cleaning up a mess? Smile

Posts: 7216 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metwo:
Does this really work? Something this simple to save on cleaning up a mess? Smile

Try it! I didn't have my potato pot full today like normal so I didn't do it.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4997 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post