Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Nettiejay, about your Peach Treat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nettiejay, about your Peach Treat Sign In/Join 
Picture of CA Lori
posted
Just wondering if you've made this with canned peaches and if it's any good? I'm wondering if the peaches would get mushy . . . or maybe it wouldn't matter.

For some reason, I can't figure out how to send a Private Message here or I would have contacted Nettiejay that way. It used to be easy. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong?

Posts: 6062 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't ever used canned peaches in it. I don't like them, mainly because I find them to be too firm. To me, they might be more likeable after baking. If you generally like canned peaches, I think it'd be worth a trying them in the treat.

The PM feature is working for me the same as always. Click on the user's name and select "Invite ___ to a private topic" in the menu, or go to the "New" tab, select Private message and fill in someone from your buddy list.

Posts: 4624 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Thank you for such a nice recipe, Nettiejay!

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1940 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone give a link to this recipe? I seem to have missed it and can't find it.

Posts: 7215 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
ENJOY!

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...913920277#2913920277

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wannaquilt2,

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1940 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. It sounds like it would be good with any number of different kinds of fruit with a little adjustment.

And thank you to CaLori for giving the size pan you used. That often confuses me.

Posts: 7215 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Would say this sounds similar to a clafoutis, yummy versions with peaches, nectarines or apricots. Will definately give this a try.
Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lurah:
Would say this sounds similar to a clafoutis...

Nope, not really. "Treat" has a leavener and a lot more sugar. Clafouti is flat, pancakelike and the fruit remains visible... Very unlike a "treat".

Posts: 4624 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NettieJay, have you ever tried any other fruit other than peach or apricot? Not that they don't sound good. Just curious.

Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
My DIL made one with sour pie cherries. It was delish. I plan to try it myself using a jar of Trader Joe's morello cherries.

posted Hide Post
Thanks,NettieJay. I think I will see what fruits are at the grocery this week when we get to town or else try the cherries I have on hand.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 810 | Registered: Sep 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post