Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Just made "Throwed Rolls"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just made "Throwed Rolls" Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
I ran across "Throwed Rolls" recipe from the Lambert's restaurant and decided to make them... in remembrance of our family dinner there many years ago!!! (in TX) Anyone been to Lambert's?
Hands up...throwing one your way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSiTSfaeGY

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
There is one about 2 hours from us. We've eaten there twice. Everyone should eat at Lamberts. But way too much food. And there is always at least an hour wait to get in

Martha

Posts: 5433 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Nance. I thought Lamberts was a Missouri resturant. With 2 locations. One in the booth eel and one near Springfield and Brandon

Martha

Posts: 5433 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
You know, you might be right Linderhof. It must have been MO. We were there for a family wedding and our Texas branch knew about this restaurant from the bride. There is a Lamberts in Austin, but not sure it's the same "throwed rolls" place.
We have a large family in TX and we travel around a lot to meet up with them. My nephew got married in MO. That must have been when we went to Lambert's. We've also had a family reunion in Ozarks. It's been years so my mind gets scrambled. Smile All I know is our large family showed up at Lambert's and they were throwing rolls at us! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
I've been to the Lambert's in Sikeston, Missouri several times. I love their rolls and like most of their food. DH, however, doesn't.

There's also a Lambert's in Foley, Alabama just north of Gulf Shores. I've been there only a time or two.

I thought there were only the two restaurants, but there may be three.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6231 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
There is one in Sikeston (the original) and one in Ozark (which is between Springfield and Branson -- but closer to Springfield) in Missouri
Didn't know about the Alabama one!

We've always eaten at the Ozark one -- closer to us.

They've been on Food Channel several times -- I think one time they were named the favorite pig out place. (If I had a restaurant not sure I'd want that as my claim to fame (LOL))

Martha

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
well, I learned these rolls should be eaten the same day they're baked. or maybe they shouldn't be reheated in a crockpot. (damp towel on the bottom, rolls and paper towel on top of them, heated on low).

The insides were ok but the tops were a lil tough. However, my guests had 2 so they couldn't have been too bad. Maybe they just had to eat them because I told them the story behind them. Smile