Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Can't find my recipe for cinnamon buns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't find my recipe for cinnamon buns Sign In/Join 
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted
I had a really neat recipe for cinnamon buns & now I can't find it. It was a recipe that used "yeast" in it & the cinnamon buns rise so big & fluffy Yummy They have a kind of sweet bread texture. I have googled till I'm googly eyed & can't find this type of recipe. Help.

Posts: 5282 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Here's one though it may not be identical. HEY, it has sour cream in it, so it HAS to be yummy!

http://www.aflockinthecity.com...s-by-martha-stewart/

Posts: 18680 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18680 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Try this one.
Sweet Rolls
2 pkgs dry yeast
2 eggs
1/2 cup margrine or butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 cups warm milk
5 1/4 cups flour.

Put yeast in milk, let stand 30 minutes. Beat eggs until frothy. Cream together margrine, sugar,and salt. Add to yeast with flour and eggs. Let rise till double in size. Keep dough warm. Flatten dough to 1/2 inch thick. For Cinnamon rolls or coffee cake mix 2 tsp.l cinnamon in 1 cup sugar. Grease dough with butter, sprinkle sugar mixture over the dough. for rolls roll up and cut in 1/2 inch slices and place in greased pan let rise 45 minutes in warm place. Bake in 350 degree oven until golden brown. about 15 to 20 minutes.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3539 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seaborne
posted Hide Post
Handie Ann: thanks for this nice recipe - I've added it to my file. But I also notice that you are from Des Moines, WA, so we're practically "neighbors." I grew up in West Seattle, but after marriage, living in various locales - but have been in Bellevue for 35 years.

Seaborne

Posts: 1124 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Nov 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have made many cinnamon buns and sticky buns over the years, but the Bon Appetit recipe last year is the best ever.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Seaborne, I had you placed out on the pinsula somewhere around Shelton. We should get together some time.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3539 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Here's one with instant vanilla pudding in them.
I've always wanted to try them....the picture tells it all!!!!

vanilla pudding cinnamon buns
http://www.wiveswithknives.net...ding-cinnamon-rolls/

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if one of us found the OP's recipe???

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Nance, that recipe sounded so good that I copied it. Thanks!

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you try them Froo.

This one uses less butter and 1/2 pkg of the vanilla pudding that I saved as well.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/C...olls-III/Detail.aspx

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the lighter version. Have you tried that one and if so, did you detect a loss in texture or taste? BTW, it may be a while before I bake as we're currently on lose some weight mode. DH is hoping to get down to his former pizza once a week weight. Wink

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you tried that one and if so, did you detect a loss in texture or taste?

I will one of these days, Froo. Smile
A rainy day project...maybe someone else will try them for us and let us know. I did my part, right? Smile

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
RIGHT! Thanks again. Smile

Picture of norahs978
posted Hide Post
Cinnamon Buns, from King Arthur Flour. Big and fluffy! http://www.kingarthurflour.com...es/cinna-buns-recipe

Posts: 1406 | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post