Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Getting back to recipes...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting back to recipes... Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
Rec'd this in my local berry farm newsletter. Looks pretty good, except I can't get past all the seeds in the raspberry pics. Smile

http://detoxinista.com/2013/02...ain-free-dairy-free/

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
I agree, nance. I love the flavor of raspberries but those seeds are a real turnoff. I love strawberries, but if their seeds were any bigger, that would be a problem too.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6543 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Yuk the seeds. When I eat raspberries/dewberries/blackberries, I basically squish them with my tongue to the roof of my mouth. I do not chew. DM made dewberry jam. I did not eat it. One of her favorite cakes was jam cake made with dewberry jam. Not mine...

Some people even eat pomegranate seeds. I can't. When I eat a pomegranate, I eat it in the privacy of my house, or better yet, in the back yard.

Posts: 16979 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The seeds never bothered me when I was younger! I wonder what it is about getting older sometimes?

Raspberries have a special meaning for me. Between my grandmothers house and the sleeping cabin were all these wild raspberry bushes. I would pick a handful and have on cereal. Yumm. We have wild bushes in the yard and if I can beat my dog to them (he loves raspberries) I have them on cereal aye once a year.

Posts: 6985 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
I can feel those seeds between my teeth as I look at the picture, but it does look yummy, sans the seeds.

Posts: 948 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I would have poured the filling through a sieve to get out the seeds. Raspberry seeds are "no fun"!

Martha

Posts: 5834 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
We had raspberry bushes once too. Our past golden retriever learned to pick them, and taught all the foster dogs to pick them too.
Wish I could have gotten some video close ups of their lips carefully pulled back, to smilingly pick the ripe ones from the thorn y bushes. It would have made great youtube fodder.

Posts: 9603 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I suppose you can sub seedless raspberry jam for the filling. Also, as responders on the link posed, you can sub just about any fruit such as cherries, blueberries, apples, etc..

Posts: 18652 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
I'm with Linderhof. When I make things with raspberries I strain out at least half of the seeds. (I like a few seeds)

Posts: 7170 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Raspberry Ricotta Fool...its just sooooooooo amazing!! Smile

Classic Foods

Posts: 93 | Location: Killeen, Texas | Registered: Jul 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metwo:
The seeds never bothered me when I was younger! I wonder what it is about getting older sometimes?

Have your dentist explain this to you. As we age, our gums atrophy and the teeth spaces get bigger.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post