Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Problem with posting photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with posting photos Sign In/Join 
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted
I've posted photos here for YEARS, but now I only get large bands of bright colors. I am signed in and cannot imagine why this is happening.

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1925 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club, I've tried posting photos and they're so large just a tiny piece of the photo shows up as a large blob across the entire page. So, I'd like to know too!

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
I meant to post this on the quilting board, but any answer will do. Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
TEST

ETA - Seems to be working fine here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nettiejay,

Posts: 4341 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
One more time ~~

Posts: 4341 | Location: zone 6b, Missouri | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Yep, works here too.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6208 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
Here's mine.

Posts: 5881 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the question is HOW do you do it. But the pictures are great however!

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spanish, I use a little free program called Image Resizer to reduce the pictures to the correct size. Once it is downloaded, its a breeze.

Go to whatever picture you want to use, RIGHT click and choose the option "resize image". You then get a drop down menu where you choose what size. Choose "small" and click okay. The program creates a COPY of the picture at the new size and labels it "small".

Do your reply here as normal, then hit "Add attachment". Then "Choose File" and go wherever on your computer the pictures is stored. Choose the "small" picture and click open. The location will show up in the space next to choose file. Then post it.

These are the steps I followed to attach this picture.

Posts: 6208 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
That's exactly how I always did it, but did NOT have to resize. My photos are in Picasa but when I right click, there is no resize option. ???

Picture of nettiejay
posted Hide Post
I use Picasa, too. I think there might be a newer version of it available than the one I'm using. Perhaps you've got the updated version and it has some changes you haven't gotten the hang of yet? I use their method of re-sizing by exporting the photo. From the Picasa photo viewer pane, choose the "Edit in Picasa" tab at the bottom. From the editor, choose the "Export" file icon under the picture. Below are more complete instructions for that, taken from Picasa's "Help" section. If you check their "help" section yourself, you might find a method you like better:

Resize by exporting

Exporting lets you change photo size while controlling the JPEG compression (image quality) introduced by your applied photo edits. The result is newly resized copies of your photos, saved to your hard drive. During the export process, you can adjust both the "Image Size Options" and the "Image Quality" settings in the "Export to Folder" screen.

•When selecting image size, choose the "Resize to" option and adjust the size slider. The number of pixels you select with this slider determines the length or height of your photo (whichever is longer). The other dimension is determined automatically to maintain the aspect ratio of the photo.
•Select the image quality for your photo using the "Image Quality" drop-down menu: ◦Automatic: Preserves the original image quality
◦Normal: Balances quality and size
◦Maximum: Preserves fine detail for large file sizes
◦Minimum: Yields some quality loss for small file sizes
◦Custom: Lets you to select your own value

Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU !!! Nettiejay, I just posted my first resized photo over on the Food and Entertaining board. :-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wannaquilt2,

posted Hide Post
I don't use Picasa so that's probably why it didn't work like mine. All my photos are stored on my computer.

Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
I appreciate your input too, FFG!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Farm Girl:
Spanish, I use a little free program called Image Resizer to reduce the pictures to the correct size. Once it is downloaded, its a breeze.

Go to whatever picture you want to use, RIGHT click and choose the option "resize image". You then get a drop down menu where you choose what size. Choose "small" and click okay. The program creates a COPY of the picture at the new size and labels it "small".

Do your reply here as normal, then hit "Add attachment". Then "Choose File" and go wherever on your computer the pictures is stored. Choose the "small" picture and click open. The location will show up in the space next to choose file. Then post it.

These are the steps I followed to attach this picture.

Thanks Florida Farm Girl!!