Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Can't Smell Anything---Can't Taste Anything :(
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't Smell Anything---Can't Taste Anything :( Sign In/Join 
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted
I have a cold. We had an office lunch today - BBQ. Tasted like the pork ribs had been boiled. I commented to a friend, wondering if the cook had boiled or baked them yesterday and just tossed them on the grill to heat them up. She looked at me funny.

Then I realized that I couldn't taste the BBQ sauce. I didn't eat but 3-4 bites off the country rib and probably just a bite or two of coleslaw.

So I went to the dessert table. Got a small piece of chocolate brownie...with no flavor...just one bite. A half-slice of homemade apple pie...VOILA!!! I could taste the tart-sweet apples. I love good crust, but I couldn't taste it so just speared the apple slices and ate them.

I wrapped the ribs and brought them in. DH said they were delicious.

If I don't lose 10 pounds this week, I'm going to be ROYALLY TICKED OFF!

Posts: 16496 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, you poor baby. You missed so much good stuff.

Posts: 6730 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
Sometimes this happens to me too... just don't feel like eating, the smell of food turns me off... that's when I say to myself... self, we're going to live off the fat of the land today... works every time!

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wink My "land" has enough fat on it to last 30-35 days. Frown

Posts: 16496 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
Sherry, I think I'm catching your cold!! My nose has been stopped up and now I'm sneezing like crazy! If I lose any weight, I'll come back and thank you. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CA Lori,

Posts: 5887 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Aww Sherry,

Sending you Best Wishes and hope you feel better. Your poor DH just had to help you out eating all that good food.

Feel Better!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9329 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
As though you weren't miserable enough .... hubby just has to talk about how good everything tastes Smile Hope you feel better soon Smile

You too, CA Lori Smile

Posts: 2133 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hubby is all stopped up now. Smile
Really, I am so sorry. I don't like sharing this stuff. I also really don't understand how he caught it. We sleep in separate beds now mainly because of the snoring. But before that, if one of us was sick, I went to the other bed. That generally works. Not this time.

Well...at least he enjoyed the ribs yesterday.

posted Hide Post
My entire family and I are just getting over that type of cold. I don't remember in the past having a cold where my taste buds were noticeably affected but even my young son mentioned that food wasn't tasting right.

I could stand to lose a quick 25-30 myself...

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling better!

In anticipation of that fact, I made a quart of chocolate cinnamon ice cream in the middle of the afternoon. Had a couple of scoops after a supper of broccoli with cheese, a couple slices of fried green tomato, and a small piece of pork loin. Taste buds are definitely improving!!