Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Elegant Desserts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elegant Desserts Sign In/Join 
Picture of Linderhof
posted
A cooking class I taught last night. Three elegant desserts --

Ina Garten's chocolate ganache cake
white chocolate mousse in chocolate cups
cranberry trifle

It was a fun class even though many left with a "sugar high"!!! LOL!

Martha

Posts: 6357 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17385 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
And basically, they are easy to make but you get a lot of "bang for the buck"!

Martha

Posts: 6357 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great. I have a question on the cranberry trifle, each time that I have made a cranberry dessert it remains untouched as long as there are other types of dessert. I've made several--one from the cover of Bon Appetit, etc but that didn't seem to matter no matter how elegant they were the last to go. What's your experience?

Posts: 3275 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I've only made a cranberry dessert as the only dessert but last night I had several of the 17 attendees tell me that the trifle was their favorite (but then perhaps they were not chocolate lovers?)

Martha