Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  place your bets!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

place your bets! Sign In/Join 
Picture of junk collector
posted
OK - I'm baking a black forest cake and am just about midway through the bake time! Will we have a repeat of the twice failed chocolate cake or a repeat of last week's cookie fiasco???

Using my new Wilton pans, and cake rounds look good in the oven, so I'm optimistic!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Posts: 3232 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
winner! if not try it mixed with some whipped cream and a splash of kirsh liquor in a trifle bowl.

piney

Posts: 3177 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cakes came out ok! A little sunken in the middle but definitely whole and usable! Need to pick up cornstarch so that I can make the cherry topping, but I think this one is edible Wink

posted Hide Post
Yeah
,Smile

Posts: 6970 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Good job!

Martha

Posts: 5789 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16921 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TAA-DAA!

I didn't go crazy with doing the layers or decorating the sides with crumbs or chocolate as it is just the two of us, but LOOK! I DID IT!

posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looks scrumptious!

Posts: 1832 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG - that was delicious!

Here's the link to the recipe - I used cherry pie filling as the canned cherries I bought tasted tinny.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-forest-cake-i/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Oh, drat. I was just going to swing by with my fork. The recipe looks yummy, glad it turned out fine, the picture really looks pretty.

piney

Posts: 3177 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DH has officially declared it the best cake I've ever made. Should not have had that extra bite!