Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  cooks.com -can't copy and paste
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cooks.com -can't copy and paste Sign In/Join 
Picture of nance425
posted
Google sometimes sends me to cooks.com for recipes. I thought I used to be able to copy and paste their recipes, but haven't been able to do so recently. Is it just me?

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted Hide Post
That is odd, isn't it? The only thing I can think of to do is to email the recipe to yourself and then copy and paste from the email. The email option is usually on the recipe page somewhere. It's an extra step but effective.

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
That is odd. I couldn't even get it to pull up the Printer Friendly option. But I did go up to File, then Print Preview. It shows up then.

Posts: 17049 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
quote:
email the recipe to yourself and then copy and paste from the email.

my life: thanks for the tip. That's what I just did...what a pain! I won't be using that site too much. Frown I guess our friends here will have to "step up" so I don't have to go there! Smile

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Cooks.com is a paid site, so if you aren't a member you can't cut and paste. However, if there is a recipe of theirs you want, google the title and I have had success grabbing it that way.
Sometimes if the recipe was featured on a recent PBS show you can successfully print out the recipe without membership.
Good luck, as they are an excellent resource.
I don't think any of their offerings have ever failed me.

Posts: 2749 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
thanks Lurah. Googling is a good idea. I've done that for other recipes I see in the paper, mags, etc. so I don't have to cut them out.

Did they recently turn to a paid site? I thought I was able to cut and paste in the past. ????

Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
You can also take a screen shot, and then paste that into something like Publisher, and then print it.

Or of course, copy the recipe by hand.

As Lurah said, it is a paid site, and they are safeguarding their content. Some of their recipes are available free for about three months if you take the magazine.

Posts: 7186 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post