Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Olive Garden Salad Dressing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olive Garden Salad Dressing Sign In/Join 
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted
The only thing we really like at Olive Garden is the soup and salad offering. This recipe is pretty close to the salad dressing.

Ingredients:
1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing
(Ingredients needed to make dressing; oil, water, vinegar)
½ tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
½ tsp. table salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. garlic powder
½ tbsp. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip, please)
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbs. white vinegar
1 ½ tbsp. water

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
Thanks, S.R., I love their salad dressing. But I also like everything I've ever ordered there. The only thing I'm not crazy about are those sausage-shaped breads.

I googled it and CopyKat.com lists this recipe:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoon corn syrup
2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or one clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
sugar (optional)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CA Lori,

Posts: 5887 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jo-CT
posted Hide Post
My DH loves their dressing so much I bought a bottle of it for him for Christmas! Love their food. Plan on doing their currient special. I think it's $12.95 for buy one entree and take one entree home. Can't beat that.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Southwestern, CT | Registered: Aug 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
I've purchased their dressing before but do need to make my own instead. TFS the recipes!

I also purchased one of their cheese graters! I had on similar but it broke. Could not find a replacement at the original place of purchase and was fussing in OG one day. The server said she could sell me one. I forgot how much it was, but the price was included on the receipt. Ahem...forgive me...I have never seen a greater grater. Big Grin

Posts: 16486 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Last weekend we were 250 miles from home. Stopped for lunch at the local Olive Garden. DH was intrigued by the grater and the waiter said he could add one to our tab. He came back to say they were sold out. I believe the price was $16.

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1925 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pampered chef used to have the cheese graters. I have had one of theirs for several years.

Posts: 647 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spanish Revival
posted Hide Post
I picked up a grater like the one they use at Olive Garden at Bed Bath and Beyond. CA Lori, that recipe sounds good too!

Posts: 908 | Location: Florida | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
You can buy their salad dressing at Sams Club. They sell it there....Yum

Posts: 4584 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
So easy to make this, I don't know why anyone would buy it or even bother to measure! LOL I make this fresh every day.

What I do is mix EVOO, apple cider vinegar, a crushed garlic clove, dash of salt, pepper, Italian herb blend, stevia, and a squirt of Hellman's. Very easy, tasty, and even almost healthy! Smile

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12599 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CA Lori:
Thanks, S.R., I love their salad dressing.
I googled it and CopyKat.com lists this recipe:

CALori - but the Olive Garden dressing doesn't have mayo in it or it would be creamy. It's clear! and for those who are intolerant - beware of the corn syrup.

Posts: 2639 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post