Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet Tea Sign In/Join 
posted
We were out recently and DH had some delicious sweet tea (the waiter couldn't tell us the brand because he didn't know...you'd think being a waiter he'd know) It had a familiar taste that I just couldn't place, and forget DH being able to tell me, he'd say a burnt tire placed before him was the best meal he's had, lol. I make about 3-4 gallon per week for DH and 2 DS to drink (I don't like iced sweet tea, I like hot sweet tea with 1/2 cinnamon stick and almond extract) Anyhow, I found on Pinterest the "secret" to great sweet tea...baking soda. I made a gallon with baking soda and DH couldn't tell the difference, said it tasted the same. So, tonight I made a gallon and added 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. we'll see if he notices? How do you like your tea?

Posts: 560 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
For sweetened iced tea I really liked the version my mom made to serve with the evening meals in summer. I can't give exact proportions - and in fact haven't been able to reproduce it since I moved from there. She steeped ordinary tea bags with sprigs of fresh mint (spearmint?). Then poured that into sugared water and added a LOT of ice cubes. Best guess about quantities is five sprigs (4" - 6") mint, 5 tea bags steeped 5 minutes in maybe 4 cups water heated to boiling in tea pot then poured over tea bags and mint. Steeped 5 minutes, then poured into sugar (1/4 - 1/3 cup) water 2-3 cups) - 1 tray ice cubes added.

Martha

Posts: 7085 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
I think you must be in the south mountain beach because up here we say iced tea or hot tea, regardless of what we put in it.

I like my iced tea mixed 1/2 & 1/2 with lemonade which I guess is an Arnold Palmer. DH doesn't like iced tea. He drinks hot tea with milk, I just like a sweetener in mine.

How much baking soda to what proportion of tea? How many tea bags I mean. What does the soda do? Would it depend on the chemicals in your water supply?

Posts: 12539 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
I always like "jewel tea" and my first MIL bought it for us...I drank that all day, every day for years.

Just don't drink it much anymore.

Posts: 2863 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
I drink hot tea almost every day and prefer Earl Grey or Chai with stevia to sweeten. If I don't drink all of the pot I put it in the frig and have it later cold with a lemon ice cube. When I buy lemons I squeeze most of them and freeze them in an ice cube tray so always have them on hand. It's also good with a slice of lemon or orange.

I'll have to try vanilla in my tea, never thought to do that altho it's probably one of the spices in Chai tea.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12721 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
Does "sweet tea" taste any different than northerner's iced tea with sugar? If the two teas were side by side, is the "sweet tea" Really a lot sweeter? I put lots of sugar in my tea (hot & cold tea). Do you order "sweet tea" if you want it pre-sweetened?

Posts: 2407 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
For iced tea, I prefer Tetley or Luizianne. I do not care for Lipton - it turns bitter very quickly. I drink unsweet decaf.

First DH insisted I use baking soda because it "made the tea go further." I did one time. Just that tiny bit turned the tea black...and I could taste the soda. We had our own well water...and yes LoS, the chemicals in your water supply will change the way baking soda reacts. I just used a pinch for 2 quarts of tea.

Hot tea I like Earl Grey and green tea. Since I generally stop at one or two cups of tea I don't worry too much about decaf or not. Sometimes unsweet, sometimes with honey, or a half teaspoon of sugar.

Posts: 16993 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lady of shallot:
I think you must be in the south mountain beach because up here we say iced tea or hot tea, regardless of what we put in it.

How much baking soda to what proportion of tea? How many tea bags I mean. What does the soda do? Would it depend on the chemicals in your water supply?

LOL...born and raised in NE Ohio, less than an hour from Cleveland. Remember hearing about the 3 kidnapped girls held hostage by Ariel Castro? Not the way I'd like to describe where I'm located Frown Anyhow, I've read the baking soda cuts the bitterness tea can sometimes have??? Here's the recipe I used:

Ingredients
3 family-sized tea bags
10 cups water, divided
Pinch of baking soda
1½ -2 cups sugar
Instructions
In a large bowl, heat 2 cups of water in the microwave until boiling (about 10-12 minutes)
Add a pinch of baking soda.
Drop in the tea bags.
Let tea steep for 5-7 minutes.
Carefully remove tea bags and discard. Do not press on tea bags.
Add sugar and stir until sugar completely dissolved.
Pour into a serving pitcher.
Add in 8 cups of cold water.
Refrigerate until ice cold.
Fill a glass with ice and fill with tea.
Enjoy!
I won't know the verdict of my batch of tea with vanilla until DH gets home tomorrow night from work (he takes a bottle of tea each day for lunch)

Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
Attended a cultural luncheon at YWCA with our Sisters of Color group featuring Southern Delights menu. That was my first taste of true good sweet tea. Their recipe was like Koolaid - dissolve one cup of sugar in 3-4 cups of hot strong steeped tea in a half gallon pitcher; chill, then add cold water and ice to fill it to top!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lurah,

Posts: 2735 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Sweet tea is new to the prairie -- the last five years or so. Even though we are Northern Southerners (think biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, etc.) you were always served unsweetened tea in restaurants which you sweetened yourself.

Now, however, you have your choice often in restaurants and thank heaven they ask you which one you want and don't serve you just the sweetened tea!

We prefer our tea unsweetened with lemon and that's how I make it.

Martha

Posts: 5849 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Everybody has their own choice of tea brands to use. I grew up drinking tea made from Superstore brand loose tea which Mama made with a pinch of baking soda. And it was always sweetened with saccharin tablets. I drank it, but that's not how I make mine.

I do like Lipton tea but will use another brand if I have to. I use 3 family size tea bags to make a half gallon of iced tea. I want to taste the tea. I detest colored water that is passed off as tea. It's sweetened with part Splenda and part sugar.

As for hot tea, I love Earl Grey brewed really strong. I've also gotten fond of hibiscus tea that my friend brought back from her last trip to Egypt. Have to make it last, cause she won't be going back.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6554 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL...born and raised in NE Ohio, less than an hour from Cleveland. Remember hearing about the 3 kidnapped girls held hostage by Ariel Castro?

OH, dear what a horrible story! Thanks for the recipe Mountain beach. I am going to try it because I do not usually make good iced tea!

Posts: 12539 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
My iced tea is often two family size bags of Luzianne and one regular size bag of Harney's Hot cinnamon. Makes a naturally sweet tea that surprisingly is good with lemon.

For morning tea, I like PG Tips (an English brand -- think Brit's Lipton) and for afternoon I like Earl Grey.

Martha

Posts: 5849 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked DH how his tea was last night. He said there was something different but he didn't know what. He's the type that'll eat/drink something over and over and takes awhile to tire of it. I like to mix things up and add variety. So, end results of the tea test...he didn't like it.

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
mountainbeach - Had you not asked, would he have noticed anything or even commented?

Posts: 16993 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KeepYouInStitches:
mountainbeach - Had you not asked, would he have noticed anything or even commented?

He would've eventually mentioned it because the flavor is different. I mentioned I don't like iced tea, but this little bit of vanilla in it, changed it up enough that I could drink it if I was desperate.

Picture of 1DomesticGoddess
posted Hide Post
I love iced tea, and 'am forever trying new recipes. And here are some of my favorite iced tea recipes which I thought I'd share. (Some with photos included)

Summertime Iced Tea

8 cups water
14 orange pekoe and black tea bags
25 fresh spearmint leaves
1 cup sugar
1 (12 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate
4 cups cold water
lemon slices, to garnish
sprigs of fresh spearmint, to garnish
1 gallon size heat-proof glass jar

Place the spearmint leaves and tea bags in a heat-proof gallon size jar.

In a large saucepan, bring the 8 cups of water to almost a boil, just until you see a few bubbles starting to come to the surface.

Pour the heated water into the large heatproof jar; cover the jar with a glass plate. I used an 8-1/2 inch glass dessert plate, and let stand for 15-20 minutes.

After the tea has steeped, discard the teabags and mint leaves. Add the sugar, and stir thoroughly.

Cover the jar with the plate, and let set at room temp to cool. (I let mine sit for 1 hr. & 30 mins.)

Now add the frozen lemonade and cold water; stir well.

Refrigerate to chill and serve later, or pour into beverage glasses filled with a few large ice cubes, and serve immediately.

Garnish beverage glasses with lemon slices, and sprigs of fresh spearmint leaves, if desired.

Yields: 108 ounces of tea

...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ......

Sweet Lime Iced Tea

6 cups boiling water
7 tea bags (I used orange pekoe & black)
3/4 cup sugar, plus 2-1/2 tablespoons of sugar
2 limes (Plus half of one lime, see *note)

In a (2-quart) heat-proof glass pitcher, add the tea bags to it. (If the tea bags have strings attached, be sure to remove them first.)

Pour boiling water over tea bags in the pitcher.
Cover the pitcher, and allow tea to steep for 45 minutes. (I covered the pitcher with Saran Wrap.)

After the has steeped for 45 minutes, remove tea bags from the pitcher, and discard them.

To the pitcher, add the 3/4 cup of sugar, plus the 2-1/2 tablespoons of sugar; stir thoroughly to dissolve the sugar.

Add the juice of 2 limes to the pitcher, and stir. (For more lime flavor, add the juice from half of a lime as well.)

Let the tea cool to room temperature, then place tea in the refrigerator to chill.

Pour chilled tea into glasses filled with ice.
Serve tea immediately.
Yields: About 55 ounces

*Note: For more lime flavor, add the juice of 2 and a 1/2 limes. Also, I ususally double this recipe, and make the tea in a gallon size glass jar. Then I'll use 12 cups of boiling water, 14 tea bags, 1-1/2 cups of sugar, plus a 1/3 cup of sugar, and the juice of 4 limes (possibly 4-1/2 limes). This makes: 13-1/2 cups of tea (or) 105-ounces. One more thing I wanted to mention, if using a gallon size glass jar to make the tea, I'll cover the jar with an 8-1/2 inch glass dinner plate, while the tea is steeping.

Passion Tea Lemonade

3 tea bags (Tazo Passion Tea)
3 cups boiling water
1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Orange Extract

Remove strings from the tea bags.
Place the tea bags in a 2-quart glass pitcher.
Pour boiling water over the tea bags.
Cover the pitcher with saran plastic wrap.
Let tea steep for 10-15 minutes.

Add the lemonade concentrate and orange extract to the pitcher; stir thoroughly to dissolve the lemonade into the tea.

Fill the pitcher with cold water up to the 2-quart mark. Chill the tea in the refrigerator 3 to 4 hours.

Pour tea in a glasses filled with ice, and serve.

Yields: 2 quarts

Sugar Free Strawberry Iced Tea

9 regular size tea bags (orange pekoe & black tea)
8 cups water, divided
1 packet sugar free strawberry flavored powdered drink mix

Place tea bags in a 2-quart size glass pitcher.

In a medium size saucepan, bring 4 cups of water all most to a boil. Remove pan from heat as soon as you see bubbles start to come to the surface.

Pour the hot water over the tea bags in the glass pitcher. Cover pitcher with a plastic wrap, and let tea steep for 1 hour.

After one hour; carefully squeeze the tea/water from the tea bags into the pitcher; stir, then discard the tea bags. Cover the pitcher, then let sit until the tea has cooled down a bit more.

Once the tea has cooled; add the packet of sugar free strawberry flavored drink mix, and the 4 cups of cold water into the pitcher, and stir.

Refrigerate the tea until it's chilled.
Serve tea in a glass filled with ice.
Yields: 2-quarts

...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ......

This tangy-sweet beverage is not actually made with tea, so I don't why it's called iced tea. But it's very good, and quite refreshing!!

Rhubarb Iced Tea

8 cups diced rhubarb, Can use frozen rhubarb (*See note)
8 cups water
1-1/2 cups sugar

In a large heavy saucepan, add the rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 hour.

Strain the rhubarb, then add to a pitcher.

Add the sugar; and stir well.

Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

When ready to serve; pour the chilled tea in glasses filled with ice.

Yields: About 88 oz. of rhubarb tea (2-qts. & 24 oz.)

*Note: If making this tea using frozen rhubarb, simmer (covered) for about 1 hr. and 30 mins., stirring at least twice while simmering.

4/27/2013: Today I made this iced tea in a large stock-pot, using 12 cups of frozen rhubarb, 12 cups of water, and adding 2-1/4 cups of sugar. It made exactly 2 quarts and 56 oz. of rhubarb tea.

Plantation Almond Iced Tea

2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tea bags
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a teapot, add sugar, lemon juice, and the tea bags.

Pour boiling water over tea mixture.

Cover; let steep about 10 minutes.

Remove tea bags.

Add remaining ingredients.

Cool to room temperature; refrigerate until completely chilled.

Serve over ice.

The following recipe can be made 2-ways, with granulated sugar and a
packet of Unsweetened Lemonade Flavored Kool-Aid, or with out
sugar, but then add a tub of sugar-free lemonade, like Crystal Light,
or Fit & Active Sugar-Free Lemonade, which I purchased from Aldi's.
Either is good.

Lemonade-Iced Tea

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Steep Time: 1 hour

8 cups water, divided
9 regular size black tea bags
1 cup sugar
1-(0.23 oz.) packet Unsweetened Lemonade Flavored Kool-Aid

In a medium size saucepan, bring 4 cups of water, almost to a boil.

Remove pan from heat, as soon as you see bubbles start to come to the surface.

Pour the hot water over the tea bags in the glass pitcher.

Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap, and let the tea steep for 1 hour on your kitchen counter.

After one hour; carefully squeeze the tea/water from the tea bags into the pitcher; stir, then discard the tea bags.

Cover the pitcher, then let sit until the tea has cooled down a bit more.

Once the tea has cooled; stir in the sugar, then add the remaining 4 cups of water, and the packet of Unsweetened Lemonade Flavored Kool-Aid, and stir.

Refrigerate the tea until it's chilled, then pour in glasses filled with ice.

Yields: 2-quarts of lemonade tea

Herbal Iced Tea

6 Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion Herbal Tea Bags
3 Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice Herbal Tea Bags
4 cups boiling water
4 cups pure apple juice (*See note)
Packets of Splenda (optional)
Ice cubes

Place tea bags in a glass pitcher.

Bring water to a boil, but not a rolling boil.

Pour the hot water into the glass pitcher.

Cover the pitcher, and let the tea steep for 1 hour.

After one hour, discard the teabags.

Add apple juice to the pitcher, and stir.

Chill the tea in the refrigerator.

When ready to serve the tea, add one packet of Splenda to each 16-oz glass. (Adding Splenda is optional, but I think it makes the tea taste even better!)

Fill the glass at least half full with the chilled tea, and stir to dissole the sugar.

Fill the glasses the rest of the way, with ice cubes, and then serve the tea.

Yields: 6-8 servings.

*Note: For this recipe, the brand of apple juice I used was, Nature's Nectar Apple Juice, which I purchased from Aldi's.

Sugar Free Apple Iced Tea

9 regular size black tea bags
8 cups water, divided
1 packet Great Value Sugar Free Apple Naturally Flavored Powdered Drink Mix (from Walmart)

In a medium size saucepan, bring 4 cups of water almost to a boil.

Remove pan from heat, as soon as you see bubbles start to come to the surface.

Pour the hot water over the tea bags in the glass pitcher.

Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap, and let the tea steep for 1 hour on your kitchen counter.

After one hour; carefully squeeze the tea/water from the tea bags into the pitcher; stir, then discard the tea bags.

Cover the pitcher, then let sit until the tea has cooled down a bit more.

Once the tea has cooled, add the packet of sugar free apple flavored drink mix, and the 4 cups of cold water into the pitcher, and stir.

Refrigerate the tea until it's chilled, then pour in glasses filled with ice.

Yields: 2 quarts of tea

This tea is packed with lots of flavor. The frozen raspberries makes this tea taste incredible. It's "the best" tasting raspberry tea I've ever had.

Raspberry-Cranberry Iced Tea

1 (12 oz.) bag frozen unsweetened raspberries
4 cups water
9 orange & black pekoe flavored tea bags
3 cups raspberry cranberry juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon granulated sugar

In a large saucepan, add the frozen raspberries, and the water.

Bring water to a boil; stirring to break up the raspberries.

Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pan, and simmer the berries for 10 minutes.

Remove pan from the heat, strain and discard the raspberry seeds.

Add the tea bags to the pan, cover the pan, and steep the tea for 1 hour.

Remove the tea bags from the pan, and strain the tea once again. (This helps to remove any raspberries that are left in the pan).

Pour the raspberry-tea into a heat proof glass pitcher.

To the pitcher, add the sugar (the 1/2 cup, 1 tablespoon, and 1 teaspoon) and stir until sugar has dissolved.

Add the raspberry-cranberry juice to the pitcher, and stir. (At this point you can immediately serve the tea in a glass filled with ice, or you can chill the tea in the refrigerator until ready to serve.)

Yields: (60-ounces) of tea

Note: For this recipe, I purchased the frozen unsweetened raspberries
from Walmart, the teabags, and raspberry cranberry juice from Aldi's.

Blueberry-Lemonade Iced Tea

1 (16 oz.) bag frozen unsweetened blueberries
4 cups water
10 orange & black pekoe flavored tea bags
3 cups Ocean Spray Blueberry Juice Cocktail
1 (1/2 oz.) container sugar-free lemonade flavored drink mix

In a large saucepan, add the frozen blueberries, and the water. Bring water to a boil; stir once or twice while waiting for the water to come to a boil.

After the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pan, and simmer the berries for 10 minutes.

Remove pan from the heat, and strain the water/blueberries.

Add the tea bags to the pan, cover the pan, and steep the tea for 1 hour.

Remove the tea bags from the pan, and strain the tea twice.

Pour the blueberry-tea into a heat proof glass pitcher.

To the pitcher, add one tub of the sugar-free lemonade flavored drink mix, and give the mixture a good stir.

Add the blueberry juice to the pitcher, and stir. (At this point, you can immediately serve the tea in a glass filled with ice, or you can chill the tea in the refrigerator until ready to serve.)

Yields: (56 ounces) of tea

Note: For this recipe, I purchased the frozen unsweetened blueberries, the tea bags, and the sugar-free lemonade flavored drink mix, from Aldi's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1DomesticGoddess,

Posts: 265 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, wow, you guys are so inspiring to me! Now I will have to make iced tea to go with the salsa from the other thread. :-)

Posts: 6082 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add, as far as tea goes, regarding iced teas (including sweet tea) and the brands one uses... While I'm not too crazy about sweet tea (just making iced tea and adding lots of sugar, like the southerners do). I like my iced teas flavored with lemon, lemonade, limes, canned frozen lemonades & limeades, plus making variations adding a packet of unsweetened Kool-Aid. Example: I have substitued Tropical Punch Kool-Aid for the lemonade Kool-Aid in my Lemonade-Iced Tea recipe, which was very good. The possibilities of using other flavored Kool-Aid packets to make your iced teas, are endless.

And when it comes to the brand of tea I use, to me it doesn't matter whether it's Lipton, Bigelow, Celestial, etc... I use various brands of teas. I've never used Tetley or Luizianne, but will keep those brands in mind. I do purchase tea from our Aldi's store, in the 100 count box, and store it in a gallon size jar, as I can go through alot of black tea or orange pekoe & black tea. I'm sure people cringe when I mention I use a cheaper brand of tea, but I find it's just as good as the brand name stuff. Whenever I make my Lemonade-Iced Tea, that's the brand of tea I use to make the iced tea. My son-in-law even stated to me... "It tastes even better than Snapples Lemonade Tea", and I agree! I love Snapples Peach and Raspberry Iced Tea, but not their Lemonade Iced Tea.

I also wanted to mention... I have made the following iced tea, which you make it in your coffee maker (including your coffee pot), and I thought I'd post the link to the recipe:

RASPBERRY ICED TEA

http://www.food.com/recipe/raspberry-iced-tea-319412

I've made this tea several times, and found I like it even more, using 5 Bigelow Raspberry Royale Tea Bags, instead of just the one raspberry tea bag, and 4 regular tea bags. While the flavor of the raspberry doesn't come through as much as I'd of liked. I do like that this tea has a nice strong tasting tea-flavor. One other thing I did want to mention... while removing tea bags from the coffee pot, the tea is extremely 'hot', as are the tea bags, so be careful not to burn your fingers. After I brewed and steeped the tea, I placed the coffee pot on my stove to cool down the tea, which took 2 hrs. & 30 mins., I then added/stirred in the packet of iced tea mix.

Here's a link to another really good iced tea recipe...

BOSTON ICED TEA

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/b...iced-tea/detail.aspx

I didn't make the tea, but my daughters' room mate did, and I so enjoyed the tea. Here's the review she posted of the tea...

Loved this recipe! I cheated a little and here are my tricks: used 4 Lipton Cold Brew family sized tea bags, let them steep 15 mins. Used cranberry/raspberry frozen juice concentrate, and 1 cup of sugar.

Posts: 265 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Waverider ;)
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say you must be a very good cook & your DH is very lucky......In a million yrs I would never post all that, you are very sweet (like your sweet tea!!!)

Posts: 2407 | Location: "The Garden State", NJ ~ Zone 7 | Registered: Nov 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW 1DomesticGoddess, I'll have to try making some of those for DH next summer!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waverider Wink:
I just wanted to say you must be a very good cook & your DH is very lucky......In a million yrs I would never post all that, you are very sweet (like your sweet tea!!!)

Waverider, while my husband may be very lucky, I have to admit, my sweety doesn't like nor drink iced tea, not even 'hot' tea, so I get to enjoy it all by myself, or I'll share it with my daughters.

And by the way Waverider, I'd like to say thank you for the nice compliment. My goodness, aren't you sweet!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainbeach:
WOW 1DomesticGoddess, I'll have to try making some of those for DH next summer!!!

mountainbeach, I hope your hubby enjoys some of those iced teas! I don't just make iced tea in the Summer. I make them all year round, cuz I love iced tea, and as much as I love iced coffee, which I make all year round as well. And that goes for specialty 'hot' coffees too!