Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Cinnamon Roll "Waffles"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cinnamon Roll "Waffles" Sign In/Join 
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted
I saw this on Pinterest I think.
I purchased a tube of Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls (5 to a tube). Preheated the waffle iron (that I bought at a garage sale 20 or so years ago for only $5) then put four cinnamon rolls on the waffle iron and closed the lid.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ABOUT 10-15 minutes later...(then I had to cook the 5th one by its lonesome and it cooked faster probably because the iron was HOT).

Posts: 17253 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We ate them with the sugar glazing that came with the rolls, but I bet maple syrup would be good too. AND if you unrolled them and added some chopped pecans then rerolled before cooking... Big Grin So many possibilities!!!

DH really liked them cooked this way...they are crispy on the outside.

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
OMG, those look yummy!! I might have to dig out the waffle iron. I think I still have one down in the b*owels of the cabinets somewhere.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I try to keep mine handy just in case I get a craving for waffles. Fresh homemade waffles are WAY better than those frozen things.

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Those look really good!

Martha

Posts: 6198 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
I've got a tube of rolls in the fridge and a handy new waffle iron. This will be breakfast today!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile I feel like a "pusher." LOL Getting y'all hooked on these. I posted it on Facebook and was surprised at the comments. Big Grin

The only thing I would not do is glaze all of them if they are not going to be eaten at one time. I ate mine room temp this morning, but DH will pop his in the toaster oven. I just think they will have a better opportunity to crisp without the glaze. Glaze can be saved in the refrigerator and pulled out after toasting the 'waffle.'

Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Came back to post a Thank You on this one Smile

I did not have the grands, just the regular size with eight to a tube. Four minutes in the iron and taa daa! Done. Don't go more than four minutes.

If anyone is looking for a quick bite sized addition to the holiday brunch table, this was super quick and easy. No muss, no fuss, no big clean up.

Thank you KYIS!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: junk collector,

Posts: 3399 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Oh you're EVIL woman! I'm going to file this idea. Have to shed 20-30 lbs. before I try them. Thanks for sharing (I think). Wink

Posts: 18727 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL Just eat ONE!!! I had one fresh cooked and one this morning - both with a short glass of milk. I'm through. DH had one fresh cooked. None this morning. He can eat the last two at will.

Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
What a neat idea. I fix homemade waffles at least once every two weeks. Not sure this would work in my small round Cuisinart waffle iron though. Thanks for the pix.

I use Pillsbury Grandes to make Monkey Bread on Sat. a.m.s when we're on a cruise-out (normally we have about 9-12 boats). That adds up to about ten times a year, but I don't do it when we're rafting out on the Delta--only when we're hooked up to electricity.

Posts: 6058 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sherry, I picked up the rolls today to try this.

Posts: 6732 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lori, Try the regular size cinnamon rolls in the small waffle iron.

The main thing to remember is they are not batter and won't ooze out and get all over the place like putting too much batter in the iron...

Picture of CA Lori
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Sherry.

Posts: 6058 | Location: Calif. | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Florida Farm Girl, try what?! I did not see a recipe on your link. Care to copy it here?

Posts: 18727 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Froo Froo, I am referring to Sherry's cinnamon roll waffles shown at the top of this thread.

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
OIC. Since you include the link to your blog...well...you can understand the misread.

posted Hide Post
If you don't have a waffle iron and have a pananni press you could probably use that but I am going to try the small waffle iron.

Wanda

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beedeeess
posted Hide Post
Looks really yummy. I'm going to have to get me a waffle iron.

Posts: 297 | Location: Southampton, NJ | Registered: Nov 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post