Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   At Home
Hop To Forums   Food & Entertaining
  Clever Finger Food Personal Tray
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clever Finger Food Personal Tray Sign In/Join 
Picture of KBTrendsMag
posted
Hello everybody,
Have you seen the Fred & Friends Finger Food plate? At a party or family gathering have you ever struggled with balancing a glass, a plate of appetizers, a conversation, and a free hand to eat the finger food?

The Fred & Friends Finger Food plate is the solution. Simply slip the small plate on your finger like a ring. Now you can hold a snack and a glass while the other hand is free to pick up the food and place in your mouth.

Thought I would share this useful gadget. I found use at my Memorial Day party this past weekend and I thought others could too.

Here is a link for some more fun kitchen gadgets:
http://www.kitchenbathtrends.c...chen-gadgets-part-3/

Kitchen Bath Trends
www.kitchenbathtrends.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16466 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBTrendsMag
posted Hide Post
Hello KeepYouInStitches,

Sorry I am new to this message board and I saw the theme and thought the Finger Food Trays was something nice to post. We wrote an article on it a couple of weeks ago. I just thought it was something informational people would be interested in. I did not mean for it to come across as an advertisement.

Kitchen Bath Trends

Posts: 25 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I jumped to conclusions. We've had too many to count people advertising their own merchandise.

This is not an item you are selling but one you reviewed on your magazine's website.

My apologies.

Posts: 16466 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
Um - better be careful to not take a sip from the glass with the charming plate on the finger of the hand holding the glass.....

Gotta wonder - do they make double decker or triple decker charming plates for folks who need more than one in reach in case it takes too long for the next plate of yummies to arrive????????

Martha

Posts: 6989 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
That's cute but a napkin under my hors d'oeuvres would serve me better. I'm with Bozie - what about a bigger plate! Not interested for my parties, I go to alot of work foodwise and wouldn't want my guests to think this is all I could offer them.
Leftover appetizers are not fun.

Posts: 2639 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBTrendsMag
posted Hide Post
Hello KeepYouInStitches,

No worries. Like I said I'm new to the message board and I wouldn't want to be one of those people who just advertise. I would like to help people with the knowledge I have learned through our website.

Hello Bozie and Lurah,

I completely understand your wanting of a bigger plate. I did just use them this past weekend and the plates surprisingly held more food than I thought. =) It would be a good idea for someone to invent a triple decker. Might need two side by side rings to hold up that plate.

Kitchen Bath Trends

Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
KBTrendsMag, you may not be advertising that finger food plate but it seems you are advertising your online magazine. Since your magazine is a commercial business then you are contravening the rules of this message board.

IMO the finger food plate is gimmicky and not something I would ever buy or use.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12587 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm too much of a klutz to deal with that.

Posts: 3053 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mamaspoon:
I'm too much of a klutz to deal with that.

Same here ~ just not very practical at all from my point of view. I, too, would just rather have a napkin. And, have to say, is this really a serious idea or are we being pun*ked??? Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idaho Resident,

Posts: 6487 | Registered: Jan 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think my finger would ache in no time and I'd drop the food in a heartbeat no matter what.

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talk with my hands so much that just holding a drink in my hand is dangerous for not only me but those around me. Can't you just see food flung across the room?! Wink

Picture of Lurah
posted Hide Post
KYIS - ImROTFLOL!

Posts: 2639 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Nov 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post